Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Article about: hello, I saw this came ip for auction and was wondering if it is worth bidding on. Since I know almost nothing about these i was wondering if anybody here would be able to assess its authent

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

hello,
    I saw this came ip for auction and was wondering if it is worth bidding on. Since I know almost nothing about these i was wondering if anybody here would be able to assess its authenticity (or lack of). Thanks!

Deutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in Gold
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-31-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I would want much better photos. Key areas to focus on these Zimmermans are not clearly visible.

1) There should be a die flaw on the outsize "Ray" at the 11 position
    2) Number box: I can not expand to see the known die flaws in the number "9" that are present (to a greater or lesser degree) on all examples
    3) Rivets appear to be a bit too tall/conical and the holes too small. But again, I can't clearly see
    4) Maker stamp: The "2" in the 20 looks different than other examples I've seen
    5) Hinge and catch should be on a base plate. I don't see them in these photos

I only own one of these awards (a Zimmerman lite) and am not a subject matter expert so these are just observations. Let's wait for others.

Please compare all my comments to my example and then compare to yours.

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    Last edited by MAP; 08-01-2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP. thanks for your assessment, these are the only pictures that are available. Based on your misgivings I’d say its definitely not a one looker. My gut says a little something was off, so your word confirms it.

MAP
    ?

Basically, IMHO, the photos are sub par. That alone would make me walk.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)