Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Article about: Hello fellow collectors Im looking to buy a 20 marked cross in gold by C.F.Zimmerman I am hopping someone can determine if it’s a WW2 period piece price is 2K which his a hell of a lot of

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Hello fellow collectors Im looking to buy a 20 marked cross in gold by C.F.Zimmerman I am hopping someone can determine if it’s a WW2 period piece price is 2K which his a hell of a lot of money grateful any help these are the only photos I have hope it’s enough Deutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in Gold
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz in Gold   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold  
    Last edited by Fatduck196; 02-24-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: More photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I looked at the website and their photos are terrible. They can not be expanded to view the subtle flaws in this award. Nor are they straight on photos.

First glance it looks like it may stand a chance but I would not make a purchase based on these photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for your response unless I can get more detailed photos from the seller I will take your advice because I need to be sure should have known better than to post these photos

MAP
    ?

Quote by Fatduck196 View Post
    Thank you for your response unless I can get more detailed photos from the seller I will take your advice because I need to be sure should have known better than to post these photos
    Just ask him for better photos. Any dealer worth his salt should know this.

I have hope that this award is good so might be worth the effort to get some better photos.

Here is my Zimmerman and they type of photos that we should see for us to form an opinion.

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

I don't see anything wrong in the photos, but they're not good enough to be 100% sure the cross is "right".

$2K U.S. is a good price for a real one in that condition these days.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I don't see anything wrong in the photos, but they're not good enough to be 100% sure the cross is "right".

$2K U.S. is a good price for a real one in that condition these days.
    It's actually priced in Sterling. So that is roughly $2.6k. Too rich for me even in the very good condition it is in. (assuming it is legit).

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's actually priced in Sterling. So that is roughly $2.6k. Too rich for me even in the very good condition it is in. (assuming it is legit).
    Yeah, I saw the 1885 GBP, but was too lazy to look up current exchange rate. Didn't know if Fatduck was referring to dollhairs or just rounding up. I tend to buy things in euros lately (and unfortunately).

Btw, $2.6K is sadly going rate most places. Unless it's a high brow boutique dealer and then it'd be even more.
    Can't buy them at auction either because bidders are Covid crazy lately. If I get any more DKiG's it will be collector to collector.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Yeah, I saw the 1885 GBP, but was too lazy to look up current exchange rate. Didn't know if Fatduck was referring to dollhairs or just rounding up. I tend to buy things in euros lately (and unfortunately).

Btw, $2.6K is sadly going rate most places. Unless it's a high brow boutique dealer and then it'd be even more.
    Can't buy them at auction either because bidders are Covid crazy lately. If I get any more DKiG's it will be collector to collector.
    I haven't been tracking prices for these so surprised they are that high. I got mine collector to collector a couple of years back and it was well under $2k. Guess my timing was good LoL

TWS
    ?

Yes, your timing was good.

I watched a very nice light Zimmermann cross the block this weekend for a hammer of 2570 euro.

Add buyer's premium of 22.5% = 3148.25 euro

Convert to dollars = ~$3810

These auction bidders have lost their freakin' minds ever since Covid hit. That price, all in, is absolutely nuts.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Yes, your timing was good.

I watched a very nice light Zimmermann cross the block this weekend for a hammer of 2570 euro.

Add buyer's premium of 22.5% = 3148.25 euro

Convert to dollars = ~$3810

These auction bidders have lost their freakin' minds ever since Covid hit. That price, all in, is absolutely nuts.
    I don't buy from them anymore. Prices are stupid high. But if the one above is a fair "dealer" level price than all we need to do now is confirm it's authenticity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast