Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please

Article about: Hello all, I found this beautiful German cross at a local dealer this past weekend. I am certain of it's authenticity, but as with all new items, it's nice to get second and third opinions.

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please

Hello all, I found this beautiful German cross at a local dealer this past weekend. I am certain of it's authenticity, but as with all new items, it's nice to get second and third opinions. Thanks to all for any and all opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please  

Last edited by rbminis; 04-20-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (cloth) for authentication please
    P
    Many

Can I ask what makes you so certain of its originality?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I will go further than that and state categorically that this is a fake. Just a few points, the wreath is wrong, the ribbed white silk background of the swastika is wrong, and the twisted wire bordering the arms of the swastika is also not found on originals. It's a worthless copy.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Hope Springs Eternal.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I will go further than that and state categorically that this is a fake. Just a few points, the wreath is wrong, the ribbed white silk background of the swastika is wrong, and the twisted wire bordering the arms of the swastika is also not found on originals. It's a worthless copy.

Regards, Ned.
    LOL .... That made me giggle mate .............I was trying to find out what I had missed - the background material is completely wrong and the wreath - as you pointed out buddy

but - we could be wrong hey

And it's correct title is.......................
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - German Cross in Gold. - in cloth!!

LOL .... That made me giggle mate .............I was trying to find out what I had missed - the background material is completely wrong and the wreath - as you pointed out buddy

but - we could be wrong hey
    To err is only human Jonno...... But not in this case.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I believe it's rbminis that tends to point out the german terminology.
    I'll give him a helping hand

This is actually 'just' a Deutsche Kreuz in gold. For future reference so people can find it in the search bar for their own fake-to original comparison, please be so kind as to change the thread title. It helps a lot of people who use this forum, including myself, in not only seeing wether their own items are original or not but also so it is easier to find and study fakes when these threads become old and dont show up on the front page of German Orders and Decorations anymore.
    The Use of German Terminology.

I have to agree with Ned -Not because he is a real expert on orders and medals- but because the white cloth backing is unlike any original examples of these I have seen. And I like to steer away from things that have an altered appearance to the most common originals.

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I have to agree with Ned -Not because he is a real expert on orders and medals- but because the white cloth backing is unlike any original examples of these I have seen. And I like to steer away from things that have an altered appearance to the most common originals.

Regards,
    Bas
    The stand out problem that is immediately striking is the fact that the wreath is not the accepted pattern, that which was used on all 3 known genuine pattern cloth DK's. That is the second type from the manufacturer Juncker, and it is easily recognisable by the die flaws in the number '9'. The wreath in the cross above does not have these flaws, or for that matter the same numerical font pattern in the '1941' date. Everything else just adds to confirm that the whole piece is bogus.

At least we've saved Mr. waltherfan a sackful of cash, as he appears to have been on the verge of throwing away his hard earned on this monstrosity.

Regards, Ned.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The stand out problem that is immediately striking is the fact that the wreath is not the accepted pattern, that which was used on all 3 known genuine pattern cloth DK's. That is the second type from the manufacturer Juncker, and it is easily recognisable by the die flaws in the number '9'. The wreath in the cross above does not have these flaws, or for that matter the same numerical font pattern in the '1941' date. Everything else just adds to confirm that the whole piece is bogus.

At least we've saved Mr. waltherfan a sackful of cash, as he appears to have been on the verge of throwing away his hard earned on this monstrosity.

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you for the further explanation, Ned!

The cloth backing was the red flag that I noticed just by myself.
    I see what you mean with the wreath, yes. Comparing it to original examples from dealer sites makes the sloppy details noticeable!

Regards,
    Bas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast