Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in Silver for review

Article about: Hello all, a good friend would like to consign this Deutsches Kreuz in silver, but I have my doubts about many of the aspects of this piece. I have never had one and would like some opinions

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Silver for review

Hello all, a good friend would like to consign this Deutsches Kreuz in silver, but I have my doubts about many of the aspects of this piece. I have never had one and would like some opinions from people more knowledgeable than myself. I know the silver is rare and this does not look like the Deschler versions I have seen in gold. Any opinions are welcome. Thank you for looking, Mike.Deutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for reviewDeutsches Kreuz in Silver for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Silver for review
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Hello Mike , IMO this is not A good cross . The wreath is wrong ( no indents at top ribbon crossover ) , the date pad is wrong ( no notches top or bottom that I can see ) , and the hinge and catch are wrong for this maker plus the MM 1 doesn't look right . Wait for others with more expertise than me . I am going off of the info in Maerz book . Raz

Thank you for your input Raz. I was concerned about the soft detail on the wreath, the rivets, the shape of the pin, the font of the "1" and the hinge and catch. I knew it didn't match the Deschler gold cross examples I have seen.