Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please

Article about: Hi guys, just purchased this DRL Sportabzeichen from a dealer I normally buy from and have no reason to doubt its authenticity. However, the badge is unmarked and I am just looking for some

Default DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please

Hi guys,

just purchased this DRL Sportabzeichen from a dealer I normally buy from and have no reason to doubt its authenticity. However, the badge is unmarked and I am just looking for some opinions on it please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please   DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please  

DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please   DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRL Deutsches Sportabzeichen - opinions please
    P
    Many

Apart from the repair to the hinge, it looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What Ade said!..

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Apart from the repair to the hinge, it looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks

Unmarked DRL badges are considered by many collectors to be post war production, they like 'em maker marked by such as Lauer or Wernstein. I personally have no opinion on that, but that being the case, and the fact the pin is a replacement and the original hinge has been resoldered having had to be removed to retro fit this would make consider returning this badge for a better, undamaged non controversial piece, but that's just my preference.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Unmarked DRL badges are considered by many collectors to be post war production, they like 'em maker marked by such as Lauer or Wernstein. I personally have no opinion on that, but that being the case, and the fact the pin is a replacement and the original hinge has been resoldered having had to be removed to retro fit this would make consider returning this badge for a better, undamaged non controversial piece, but that's just my preference.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks for that Ned. I wasn't aware of that and might well have a word with dealer next time I see him at the next militaria fair. I only like to collect original pieces, as do most people

Quote by big ned View Post

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned's assessment and believe the repairs to this would make the value quite low. There are many original un-messed with examples available.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)