Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe (Gold) - denazified version?

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this cross in my grandmothers house and wondered if there are offical denazified versions of these (like the 1957 versions of the iron cross), or was this one made by

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe (Gold) - denazified version?

Hello everyone,

I found this cross in my grandmothers house and wondered if there are offical denazified versions of these
    (like the 1957 versions of the iron cross), or was this one made by the owners?

Thanks for all replies,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe (Gold) - denazified version?
    P
    Many

?

No Mutterkreuz was made or awarded after the end of the war. It was a specific Nazi decoration and therefore banned.
    Has the above cross has the pearl or synthetic pearl attached over the swastika?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It appears to be an original Mutterkreuz with modifications.
    If I were you, I would try to remove that "pearl" and see what lies beneath it.
    It has also been modified on the reverse by the addition of a fastening pin. They were made with pin backs, but this is not how they were made.
    Yours was modified by an amateur. There were no "57'ers" of this award.
    Here is a medium sized pin back to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,
    it seems as if the whole swastika and the text "Der deutschen Mutter" has been removed, leaving a flat surface.
    The pearl is attached onto that.

Quote by Idkanything View Post
    Hello,
    it seems as if the whole swastika and the text "Der deutschen Mutter" has been removed, leaving a flat surface.
    The pearl is attached onto that.
    Unfortunate.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I do not want to change it since I find it very interesting how it was repurposed by a family member.
    As far as I can remember (I found it about 3 years ago) it was next to a rosary with the exact same pearls
    as the one attachted to the cross now.

Thank you for the quick replies and information.
    John

?

The round central disc is actually a separate piece that was attached to the cross body.
    Here's a picture borrowed from another thread showing a cross without the disc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe (Gold) - denazified version?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I like repurposed items - from the 'official' ones like feldgendarmerie permitted to wear their gorget with the eagle badge removed ( I have a photo somewhere ) to the helmets made into coal scoops, colanders and ladles...... its ALL part of their history.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "