Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter unusual variant

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked this one up last week. You will notice it is an unknown variation with additional blue enamel dots to the sunburst. These were part of the die. I know of one other example

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter unusual variant

Hi Guys, I picked this one up last week.

You will notice it is an unknown variation with additional blue enamel dots to the sunburst. These were part of the die.

I know of one other example in the hands of forum member Jody B. His was directly Vet obtained in the US.

Mine came from an attic along with other German souvenirs and the Brit Veterans cloth insignia. The Vet passed away and the new house owners found the stuff. They then moved it to the garage where it sat for a further two years. They almost threw it all out Thankfully they did not and they are now quite a bit richer as a result.

The Mothers Cross website does not even list them. I would like to find out more. Ayone else seen one before, who made them and why etc?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter unusual variant   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter unusual variant  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter unusual variant
    P
    Many

Hi Ade,
    A very nice addition!
    I am only aware of the example in Jody B's collection as well.
    I would love to find one of these is silver for my collection, although I don't know if I could afford it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Never seen one before Ade, wasn't even aware of their existence and I collect the Mutter Kreuz.
    If the dots are part of the die then it's obviously intentional and not an aftermarket addition by the awardee.
    Therefore it can only be a prototype or experiment or a private purchase option but the latter is unlikely due to the fact there only seems to be two of them. And it's unlikely a manufacturer will be having a spare die sat around just in case.
    It's certainly an intrigue and a very interesting piece.
    Without the provenance, it could be dismissed as a fantasy piece but add the history of ownership and if the dots are part of the die, then you have to accept it as an original piece.

I recall seeing Jody's example many years ago and always found it interesting. When this one popped up (Where my wife works, at another auction house) I went over to see it in hand prior to the sale. When it came up last week they had paired it with a Silver Mini as one lot and I got it for £50 including fees and VAT.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

After thinking about this one a bit more, I do believe RonR has one in his collection.
    I do know he has one of the very few first pattern, (inscription on the reverse), that I have seen.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for that. I will ask him.

Cheers, Ade.