Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?

Article about: I came across this Iron Cross Etui and have been unable to conclusively determine its authenticity, or lack thereof. The case does not look overtly fake, but there are somethings that stand

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?

I came across this Iron Cross Etui and have been unable to conclusively determine its authenticity, or lack thereof. The case does not look overtly fake, but there are somethings that stand out. First are the dimensions. It is smaller in width and length, than the typical authentic case. The liner that surrounds the lower insert has a woven texture to it (blue arrows). All other cases I have seen in person have textured paper is a insert liner (see image). The claw on the clasp is cutout where it is shaped to grab onto the lid, in all the other cases in my collection it is a solid piece (see red arrow in image). The other thing that stands out with this case is the Iron Cross motif on the lid. It is slightly stamped into the material, which is correct. It is shaped like a 1939 Iron Cross, whereas the ones on authentic cases typically are more Schinkel like. The logo is also noticeably off center. I would love to hear other's opinions on this.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?

Thank you.

Height: 23.18
    Width: 60.40mm
    Length: 60.77mm
    Weight: 32.44g
    Blacklight: Materials do not glow
    Hardware: Ferrous/Magnetic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Etui unusual variant or reproduction?
    P
    Many