Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello everyone I just got this ground assault badge to go with my luft helmet. Its a late war zinc one piece construction, with no makers mark. While the detailing on it looks good to me I k

Default *Need Help* Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hello everyone I just got this ground assault badge to go with my luft helmet. It's a late war zinc one piece construction, with no makers mark. While the detailing on it looks good to me, I know these are widely faked and the more I look at other examples the more the clutch on the back seems odd to me. What do you guys think? If more pictures are needed let me know. (Also if anyone knows how to fix the uploader from rotating photos that would be great)

Last edited by Politefaun; 02-24-2019 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    (Also if anyone knows how to fix the uploader from rotating photos that would be great)
    I suggest you look through the Technical Questions section, there are a number of threads concerning this issue.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ns-how-advice/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,
    IMO it is a nice original unmarked Gustav Brehmer badge with a scuff on the front.

The round plated, round wire hook is an accepted variant

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello,
    IMO it is a nice original unmarked Gustav Brehmer badge with a scuff on the front.

The round plated, round wire hook is an accepted variant

All the best
    Doug
    Hello Doug,
    I thought the base plate looked a little small from the examples I have seen.
    Happy to find out differently.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,
    I think this small plate on the hook is perfectly acceptable.
    I have seen Brehmers with at least 4 different base plates.

Here is one that Franko owns (hope you don't mind Franko) that has a similar plate.

Notice the serrations on the round wire hook which for me is a certain sign of authenticity on these hooks.

Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

These are the only ones I have at the moment. Since pulling the plug to a life of leisure I haven't had time to sort out my databases with the other examples.

All the best
    Doug

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but thank you for the help Dough. Just wondering how were you able to tell who the is maker as it doesn't have a mark on it?

TWS
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner but thank you for the help Dough. Just wondering how were you able to tell who the is maker as it doesn't have a mark on it?
    Related to another current thread, he may have one of the good reference books like Previtera's.
    Just a guess, but that's why I and some other members advocate assembling a home reference library, at least for the areas you most concentrate in.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi politefaun
    There has been lots of research done on unmarked badges
    Some of the badges have had ‘attributation ‘ added to them which means that folks are fairly sure it was a particular maker that made the badge.
    In some cases due to the obverse die being an exact match it is correct to determine the maker with certainty even though the reverse hardware may have differences to the accepted ‘type’

Your badge is always going to be a nice Brehmer badge. Enjoy it

All the best
    Doug