Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you think

Article about: I have just had this offered to me.As I do not know much about them I was hoping someone here can let me know if it's good or not.thanks

Default Erdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you think

I have just had this offered to me.As I do not know much about them I was hoping someone here can let me know if it's good or not.thanks

Last edited by rbminis; 09-26-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited post to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you think
    P
    Many

I would PASS on this one. Am not an expert but too much different colours at the back ... but a the frontside I see strange colour variations. Suspicious. Even if others would Judge with another feedback I would recommand to pass on the item and looking for a better badge. This one is strange/ Sky around the swastika had to be originaly black painted and also down below in the middle. Even -if because of wear- strange ... But let's wait and see what other people here are thinking about the item. Don't use my observation as final conclusion ... Am a starting collector with a bit of knowledge developping...

Beside of my feedback .. disturbing colours ... if caused by wear -???-

Personally, l like the detail on the obverse of the badge. you can see where there was once black paint on the cloud. The wear on the reverse could have occurred over time, however it almost looks as if someone was trying to find a maker mark on the back. Wait for other opinions, however I think it stands a chance of being an original with a lot of wear.

I also believe it is good. The details are crisp and the wear is convincing. The pin and cast pivot ears look good too, finding an award with that cutout block catch would give you a definitive i.d. as to maker/authenticity. Best regards.

Brian

I have edited your post to orient the photos correctly, please try to do this yourself in the future.

The cut outs at the top from the reverse do not match any originals that I can find.
    The catch is at best, a replacement.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here's a similar badge with the cast hinge pivot but as Ralph states the one in the op has a replaced catch. Images fron J Neeley Militaria. Best regards.

Brian

Erdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you thinkErdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you think

Medals-2

Item number MD08/16-29

This one matches up to Arno Wallpach, but as these are copied near to perfection, I will have to defer to someone with more knowledge as to whether this one is original or not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    This one matches up to Arno Wallpach, but as these are copied near to perfection, I will have to defer to someone with more knowledge as to whether this one is original or not.
    Ralph.
    yep its so hard to till.but at $50 maybe not a bad buy...its in a old shop here in my town..and she has more also.but not the same as this one.

- - ------- - -

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Here's a similar badge with the cast hinge pivot but as Ralph states the one in the op has a replaced catch. Images fron J Neeley Militaria. Best regards.

Brian

Erdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you thinkErdkampfabzeichen Luftwaffe what do you think

Medals-2

Item number MD08/16-29
    looks like this one..

Hi,

I'm not at all an expert and comments above are more valuable than mine but I have spent some time to study examples of original and fake erdkampfabzeichen before to get one and I would say this one is original, very worn with a replaced catch. For 50 box to be honest I would go for it if I were you.

regards,

Pierre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast