Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Erdkampfabzeichen Metall und Kunststoff, Gablonz

Article about: Hello gents, I have found this beautiful badge on some small local online ads and I already made up my mind and I will buy this beauty. I think that this is gorgeous badge in really good, I

Flakkampfabzeichen - Nickle Silver Ball Hinge Gablonz

I wondered where I already had very similar discussion and it was here actually as you can see, just in much smaller proportion than this time around. But the same person called one genuine textbook badge as a fake, or quite possibly a fake actually, and the reason for that was the same as well as the argumentation which is in both cases absolutely wrong and based on complete misunderstanding of production process of this badges.

Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen Metall und Kunststoff, Gablonz
    P
    Many

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Flakkampfabzeichen - Nickle Silver Ball Hinge Gablonz

I wondered where I already had very similar discussion and it was here actually as you can see, just in much smaller proportion than this time around. But the same person called one genuine textbook badge as a fake, or quite possibly a fake actually, and the reason for that was the same as well as the argumentation which is in both cases absolutely wrong and based on complete misunderstanding of production process of this badges.

Best regards,
    Franko
    This is a great and really needed discussion.

I dont study this badge but am very interested in the production method, I only know (or think I know) the procedure of the Ostmedaille.

I think Gregg has some very good points, regardless if right or wrong, some issues that really needs to address. I have wondered about some of them but never really found a clear answer, maybe there is none.

You seem very confident that you dont misunderstand the Production Process Franko and I would very much like to know how this badge is manufactured.
    Could you please post the process in a few steps? I think that would be great help.

I also agree with Gregg that more weight should be put on the item itself than opinions of experts to determine authenticity. But in order to do that the production process need to be absolutely clear.
    Remember the discussion about the L/53 GAB on GCA recently, where all the experts where wrong about the GAB that was though posted for sale as a Repro on Mili321 ? It can happen to anyone. Same with books, at first the Ostmedaille book was a Holy Bible to me, flawless truth, now I can point out errors on almost every other page.

You prob all know this "Microscoper" but just in case. This is some very interesting stuff!

YouTube

Hope this works out for all of you

I agree that we should have discussion about how some badge was produced and I have my thoughts about that although even much more experienced and knowledgeable people than me and real experts are not absolutely sure regarding that. And yes, experts can be wrong as well, sometimes, but very rarely. In this case here with this badge there is nothing which can caused any suspicious toward its originality and you really do not need to know entire production process step by step to be able to tell if this piece is genuine or not, because it is quite obviuos that it is genuine and it is not hard to know that in this case and so far (luckily Staegmeir didnt make copy of this muk5 erdkampf). Once when some really good fake of this badge would show than it will be just a little bit harder, just like with that L/53 ASA badge which you have mentioned Sindri. And reason why experts were wrong regarding originality of that L/53 ASA is their quite relaxed approach to that badge, we should always be cautious, but we can not call some badge as a fake without any really good argument and reason. That is my biggest problem here. Approch to this erdkampf badge from some person in this discussion was completely wrong. We should discuss about production process and learn more about it, but we actually got here disdain of this muk5 badge based on nothing really. And the best explanation and description of this situation and discussion here about this badge gave moderator Jeff V from Wehrmacht awards forum when he wrote and I quote "textbook original. You have to wonder who on earth said this one was fake?" I wonder that as well and I actually wonder why would someone do something like that and what are real intentions behind that if there are some, because this is not the first time. The same happened with that flakkampf badge and it came from the same person. That really makes me wonder.

Best regards,
    Franko

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6