Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen Metall und Kunststoff, Gablonz

Article about: Hello gents, I have found this beautiful badge on some small local online ads and I already made up my mind and I will buy this beauty. I think that this is gorgeous badge in really good, I

Default Erdkampfabzeichen Metall und Kunststoff, Gablonz

Hello gents, I have found this beautiful badge on some small local online ads and I already made up my mind and I will buy this beauty. I think that this is gorgeous badge in really good, I dare to say even excellent, condition, finish on the eagle and on the wreath is very well preserved. What are your opinions about this piece?

Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen Metall und Kunststoff, Gablonz
    P
    Many

Textbook badge.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Franko

that is a super nice badge Franko

/Jonas

Lovely badge! One of my favourites.

Regards,

MG.

Thank you guys.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Franko, I wish more people would show the edge of the badge as you did. I've seen those horizontal "cracks" on other badges and I'm not sure what to make of them but they don't seem right to me. Does it suggest the badge is cast in a mold and these are voids - I honestly don't know.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    What are your opinions about this piece?

Best regards,
    Franko
    My opinion is that you should pack it up and send it to me! Don't know these that well but looks fantastic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Greggf View Post
    Franko, I wish more people would show the edge of the badge as you did. I've seen those horizontal "cracks" on other badges and I'm not sure what to make of them but they don't seem right to me. Does it suggest the badge is cast in a mold and these are voids - I honestly don't know.
    Not uncommon. Take a look at this award. No doubts on it's originality and it is loaded with these cracks.

But every award needs to be looked at in it's totality and at least for me, when I see these cracks I always take a deeper look.

Beobachterabzeichen FLL Aluminum
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks MAP - As someone trying to learn and make sense out of these observations (and totally paranoid by the prevalence of well-made fakes) - I need you to help me with the logic here. I struggle to understand how showing another example of a badge with horizontal cracking (and some pretty serious / suspicious cavities) justifies that either are TR period pieces. Should I conclude that they came out of quality control at the point of manufacture that way? That doesn't sound like period German quality to me. Or is the accepted belief that these cracks formed over time? I want to commend you guys for posting some of the most informative, clear, HRes pictures on the forum. I apologize in advance if I misunderstood the purpose of the forum as a place to have a spirited discussion on what makes a badge a period piece.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast