Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen Osang Dresden Opinions?

Article about: Hello gents, i have found today this Osang Erdkampf and everything is looking good to me. I think this is great genuine badge in excelent condition. What are your thoughts on this subject? B

Default Erdkampfabzeichen Osang Dresden Opinions?

Hello gents, i have found today this Osang Erdkampf and everything is looking good to me. I think this is great genuine badge in excelent condition. What are your thoughts on this subject?
    Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen Osang Dresden Opinions?
    P
    Many

Here are some additional pictures of this badge.
    Best regards,
    Franko

It looks like a lovely specimen to me Franko.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have just one question. Is this one piece construction, or eagle was produced separately and then soldered to the badge. As far as i know Osangs erdkampf had one rivet at the midle of the reverse and in that case eagle is produced separately and then being added to the badge, but i am not familiar with Osangs erdkampf with construction like this, because to me this look like one piece construction and that is the same type of construction which Arno Walpach was used for their erdkampfs. So is there genuine wartime one piece construction erdkampf made by Osang?
    Best regards,
    Franko

This is a one piece construction, all zinc. Here is a quote from another forum.

"To Save Time And Manpower, A Lot Of Companies Developed "Shortcuts" In Their Badge Production. Osang Stopped Attaching The Top Eagle With A Rivet And Worked The Eagle Into The Original Die."

You should be able to see this in the close up photo of the eagle and cloud.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm with Ralph on this one Franko it does look like a nice quality Osang Ground assault badge

Doug

Thanks Doug, Ralph.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Unfortunately, in my opinion, that is not how these badges were meant to be produced. I want only those which have eagle made separately and then attached and/or soldered to the badge.
    Its so hard to find appropriate erdkampf, but i have found in meantime one metall und kunststoff and i think that i will be very pleased with that one. Finally one which can fulfil all my desires regard method of production of this badges as well as condition and its in really good shape.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

Can anyone tell me why that wreath on a lot of Erkampf look whit instead of silver? it looks more like paint?
    Merry x-mas

?

so there are 3 varieties of them? I never new that? they are a great strong sending message badge. thanks for sharing with us.