MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)

Article about: Greetings, I'm new to the forum and have read many, many of the interesting threads on this badge type. If I might ask the indulgence of the forum experts regarding the flak abzeichen pictur

?

Default Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum and have read many, many of the interesting threads on this badge type. If I might ask the indulgence of the forum experts regarding the flak abzeichen pictured below. Looks nicely made and detailed but I'm a novice - could this be an original or is it a reproduction? Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Gregg

PS Sorry about the lighting - the sun is down.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)   Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)  

Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)   Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I know very little about these Juncker Luft. Flaks but, I know there are a few variations.
    The surface of the reverse alone would give me reason to pause, I don't like the roughness. It looks like a cast copy to me.
    Wait for opinions of some of the others that study these.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Welcome Gregg. I too don't know much about these other than that this appears to be of the Type 2 design. Any of my other comments would be pure speculation.

Do you know the weight of the award?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome Gregg. I too don't know much about these other than that this appears to be of the Type 2 design. Any of my other comments would be pure speculation.

Do you know the weight of the award?
    Thanks for the "Welcomes"!

To address the comments so far...

The back looks rougher in the picture than it appears in person, but maybe the bad lighting is picking up an important detail. As for the weight, I don't have a way to get an accurate weight at the moment, but it is a solid, heavy piece.

Thanks!
    Gregg

?

Here are some more pictures in more natural light...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)   Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)  

Expert assessment of (yet another) Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen (Juncker)  

MAP
    ?

Examples in my only reference book that has a few examples of this award shows a Junker example with a rough reverse. So I wouldn't necessarily count this one out.

Yours also looks to have heavy hand finishing.

That said. It's the other details that need to check out and I'm not qualified to opine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It looks like a beautiful 2nd Pattern Juncker badge as Mark mentioned.
    I don't have any concerns with this one
    Very nice find if you have it

Cheers
    Doug