Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: A fairly nondescript new Minesweeper badge arrived, an unmarked Förster & Barth in zinc but despite it being a drab zincer, it's one badge closer to the end goal so I'm pleased to add i

?

Default Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

A fairly nondescript new Minesweeper badge arrived, an unmarked Förster & Barth in zinc but despite it being a drab zincer, it's one badge closer to the end goal so I'm pleased to add it to the collection.

This is variant M.2.7.6 on the Minesweeper Classification Table.

The colour is more gold in the photos than in reality where it is more bronze looking. This example has a steel inverse taper pin, the shape of which is typical for this manufaturer, a stamped sheet metal catch mounted on a large circular base plate and a sheet metal wrap around hinge configuration.

There's a small amount of zinc pest on the front bottom left of the wreath which is now covered in vaseline for a few days so hopefully it won't get any worse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.   Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.  

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.   Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.  

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.   Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.  

Last edited by Adrian; 10-24-2023 at 04:03 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

Textbook F&B reverse set up for most KM awards.
    Nice badge.
    I have a couple of their zinc HK's.

Cheers,Martin.

Very nice looking badge i!!! Congrats for finding it, I don`t will complain to have this one in my collection!!!

Regards

Nacho

That looks like a nice example with legitimate wear and tear!
    You have really been increasing the size of your Kriegsmarine award collection recently Adrian, haven't you?
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

This is true Ralph, the harder I look, the poorer I get.....

It's strange, can go for ages ticking over or without seeing a variant I don't have and then loads appear at once.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    This is true Ralph, the harder I look, the poorer I get.....

It's strange, can go for ages ticking over or without seeing a variant I don't have and then loads appear at once.
    I understand, I haven't been able to buy any PAB's lately, either I'm getting too fussy, or they are getting too expensive.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I've found prices vary quite a lot depending on the seller, you have to hunt around to find the badge you want at a price you're willing to pay, if not, walk away. But it's part of the fun. Sometimes though a dealer is willing to accept an offer if the badge has been sitting on their website for a while. Doesn't work every time but always worth asking.

As an aside, I did notice Ratisbons have got 40ish PABs in their November auction......

Quote by Adrian View Post

As an aside, I did notice Ratisbons have got 40ish PABs in their November auction......
    Yes, but I have also noticed some collectors calling the condition of some of those into question.
    And, they are not inexpensive either.
    Ralph.

?

Yes, I saw that too. I watched the last auction that contained a lot of Infantry badges and General Assault badges and I note than some of them with a low start price went for four figure sums.

I really don't collect awards anymore,unless some rarity comes up for sale at a decent price.
    My coillection is only Hilfskreuzer awards and i have all of the makers and most of their variants known to date.
    i even have a Foerster and Barth variant HK with a needle pin.
    It's a fun and addictive hobby we are into and i've been collecting since the 1960's.
    But there comes a time when to try to say,enough is enough,not that it helps.
    Happy hunting guys.

Cheers,Martin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast