Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Flak Kampf Abzeichen.

Article about: This is one of my friends pieces, and I initially thought it looked ok, until I had a closer look at the swastika. I believe the box and the main part of the award is original?, but the swas

Default Flak Kampf Abzeichen.

This is one of my friends pieces, and I initially thought it looked ok, until I had a closer look at the swastika. I believe the box and the main part of the award is original?, but the swastika has been replaced at some time in the past. The swastika is just all over the place and when I looked even with my bad eyes I could see that something had gone on above and below the swastika. I guess it may have been de-nazified and someone decided to re-instate a swastika some time late. Please let me know what you think. it will affect the value for sure, maybe even knock it of the collectability shelf. Your thoughts as always are appreciated.
    Al the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak Kampf Abzeichen.   Flak Kampf Abzeichen.  

Flak Kampf Abzeichen.   Flak Kampf Abzeichen.  

Flak Kampf Abzeichen.   Flak Kampf Abzeichen.  

Flak Kampf Abzeichen.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flak Kampf Abzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flak Kampf Abzeichen.

The swastika is definitely a homemade replacement as you suspect. The rest of the badge is good IMO. I wonder if the G.Brehmer swastikas had a tendency to easily break off, as I too have a swastika-less Brehmer.
    Tom

Of course, the question really is whether the badge was repaired during the TR period or after. It will definitely detract from the value.
    Most collectors, I think, would not be interested in this badge, but I could be wrong.

Tom

I guess there's no real way of telling when it was done. I guess some may like it others won't.
    D.

The badge definitely looks good, the swas not so much as you stated. Since the swastika was not attached at the bottom it could well have broken off, or possibly was broken off after the war, and someone has made a poor attempt at a repair. Who knows when. Otherwise a very nice looking Brehmer.