Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, this flak in my opinion should be original, but i am not an expert, what is your opinions about this? Best regards, Franko

Default Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?

Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake? Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?Hi guys, this flak in my opinion should be original, but i am not an expert, what is your opinions about this? Best regards, Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?
    P
    Many

This badge is a zinc Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen by the firm of Steinhauer & Luck . You can tell this by the die flaw that runs horizontally across the bottom of the Swastika ,so far so good. Unfortunately the "scrape" mark on the pin on the reverse is considered to be a post war tooling mark not found on wartime production ! wartime production has a mark but it is more a dent than a scrape , The badge itself could be leftover original parts or post war production ( it is S&L after all ) made for the postwar souvenir market ( if its any consolation Ive had one of these for years a well made badge indeed) Regards ,Paul

Thanks Paul, as i mentioned on my post about allgemeinesturmabzeichen, on many online stores, Weitze included, i saw the same flakkampf badges like this, and all are sells as originals with same scrape mark on the pin. So should i consider this as original. Sometimes it is very hard to know what to think about Reich badges. Best regards, Franko

I just got this photo, and to me this looks more like a dent from wartime pieces i found on internet, then a scrape from 57 postwar production. Maybe i am wrong, but this really is more like a recess than somekind of a scrap or a scratch. Best regards, FrankoFlakkampfabzeichen original or fake?

Hi Franjo , I still believe this to be a post war mark, more a scrape than a dent, it might be easier to tell in hand ? heres a picture of the same type of scrape deemed fake by Thomas durante over on WAF. Regards Paul at the end of the day the decision is yours

Hard to tell and make decision on this one Paul, on some pictures i saw that scrapes and dents from wartime and postwar examples looks almost the same. Best regards, Franko.

Hi, i got another two pictures from dealer and i have seen this flak in person two days ago, and as i allready said to me it looks more like a dent than a scrape, and i dont know if that matters but on pics of postwar pieces that scrape is always on wright side of the pin, or in the midle, and on wartime pieces on the left, and thats case here. I just noticed that, but maybe it is wrong clue. Best regards, Franko.Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?

Right side of the pin not wright, my bad, i am typing way too fast.

Hi guys, i have seen today again this luftwaffe flak badge at a fair. Mark on that pin in hands, seen by naked eye looks like some sag, chamfer or dent, nothing simillar to scrape or scratch. I am not sure can this photos, which i took today, do any justice on that matter, but this mark on pin to me definetively looks like some dent, sag or chamfer. I'll be really happy to hear your opinions again, because i liked this badge a lott. Its a real beauty. Best regards, Franko
    Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?Flakkampfabzeichen original or fake?

Hi Franko, your correct they are very nice badges, If the tooling mark was any way the same as the one below I would buy it, Regards ,Paul

Steinhauer & Luck wartime tooling mark on Luftwaffe Flakabziechen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast