Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?

Article about: Hi guys, does someone know who might be the maker of this badge? Best regards, Franko

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?

Hi guys, does someone know who might be the maker of this badge?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker? Best regards, Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?
    P
    Many

Hello Franjo,
    the badge you have pictured is a Post War example made by Souval.

The eagle is the easiest spot and this bird can be found on a variety of wreaths.

What is unusual is the hardware setup having the barrel hinge and round plated round wire catch.

Souval's earlier attempts at this badge incorporated his usual catch plate and hinge but this one appears to be an upgrade from those pieces.

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks for quick answer. Are you absoloutly sure that this is post war piece, because in that case i must return this badge to dealer. Best regards, Franko.

Absolutely sure Franko,

Under is an example of one of Souval's badges albeit this one is just the air gunner without the lightning flash. Displaying the early C type hook and the folded hinge assembly.

Look at the eagle on the badge below and you will see they are from the same die.

Next look at the wreath...Perfect match.

Where the Souval is upgraded on your example is the high quality looking barrel hinge and the cicely form C hook

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?

Of course these early Souvals are quite collectable in their own right.

Well, that hinge and catch fooled me, it looks right and some postwar examples known to me was very diferent towards reverse design. Thanks. Best regards, Franko.

I found something interesting and wanted to share that with you. Altough it is not same there is some matching bitween this Karneth and that postwar Souval, especialy on obverse design, eagle is almost the same, or is looks like that to me and one friend told me because of that Karneth i posted is considered to be problematic as well for many collectors. What is your thoughts about this. Please correct me if i am wrong.Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel who is maker? Best regards, Franko