Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question

Article about: Hello Friends - I notice that these examples don't feature the raised FLL Logo as generally encountered - Is it a Fake or a Variant? Another question: Did FLL have a quality problem with the

Default FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question

Hello Friends - I notice that these examples don't feature the raised FLL Logo as generally encountered - Is it a Fake or a Variant?
    Another question: Did FLL have a quality problem with the Catches of their badges? I ask because they appear crudely applied and are found with both round and flat wire catches...
    I'd be very grateful for your Input, Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question   FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question  

FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FLL Marine-Artillerie-Abzeichen Question
    P
    Many

?

Hello Glenn! Sorry, but I don't like that either.
    IMO not good, I would leave it.
    Regards,
    Peeloo

To answer your question Glenn,yes FLL did make a variant with a stamped in maker mark.
    To date four diffent types of maker mark can be found on these zinc Artillerie badges.
    The first badge is a good original IMO and is type A.4.1.1 with the stamped in maker mark,sheet metal hinge,round wire mainpin and round wire catch that is soldered into an oval recess.

Cheers,Martin.

Thank you kindly for the Info, very helpful!!

BTW,the second badge looks like it COULD be a good groundug original ??
    However, i think the obverse has been refinished.

Cheers,Martin.

?

The badges with a stamped in maker's maker should have a round wire catch soldered into a recess.
    There are two variants with a raised makers mark which also have the catch in this configuration.
    The other variant with a raised maker's mark has a flat wire catch soldered onto a base plate.
    So the catches on the above badges are correct for this particular variant although it appears as if the catch on the second example has been replaced as I agree with Martin, it looks like a relic badge that has been repainted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Guys,

I agree that the first badge with the Lakesidetrader watermark is a genuine A4.1.1 with the typical stamped-in mark, but it's an unusual one in that it has the oval sheet-metal hinge whereas this variant usually has the rectangular sheet-metal hinge. The oval hinge is typical for the later A4.1.3 with the raised maker mark. So that one is sort of a hybrid between between A4.1.1 and A4.1.3. I might need to add it to the classification system.

The second badge however is simply a cast reproduction.

Best regards,
    ---Norm