Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi, Same again please some advice as i have only been collecting 7-8 months. There are two badges on this posting. Cheers,

?

Default Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen

Hi,

Same again please some advice as i have only been collecting 7-8 months.

There are two badges on this posting.

Cheers,Flotten-KriegsabzeichenFlotten-KriegsabzeichenFlotten-KriegsabzeichenFlotten-Kriegsabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-03-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Sorry to say but they are both postwar fakes.

The RS&S is well known,as all original RS&S Fleet badges had a typical Gablonz ball hinge.I do not recall seeing this Schwerin type fake before but it is of very poor quality and not even close to an original.

Regards,Martin.

?

Thanks any tips what to look out for when buying a new one?

You could do a forum search here.

Type in "RS&S and Schwerin Fleet badges".

Study some of the past threads in regards to these awards.This should be of some help to you.

There are also good books out there on the Kriegsmarine awards,these are very helpful for future reference.

Here is an original RS&S Fleet badge with a needle pin and the ball hinge,as i mentioned above.There is also a variant by RS&S with a wide pin but again wit the ball hinge.

Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen   Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen  

?

Thanks.

Hi, sorry but Martin is spot on about these two awards. The Schwerin type piece has a very poorly set font and has nowhere near the level of quality you would expect from this maker. The RS&S has the wrong hardware set up as mentioned. Leon.