Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugführerabzeichen

Article about: Hello, As always, I hope everyone is well. I wanted to get some opinions on a pilots badge I have. For me, its a nice Bruder Schneider, early badge with full name. I am just getting around t

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen

Hello,

As always, I hope everyone is well. I wanted to get some opinions on a pilots badge I have. For me, its a nice Bruder Schneider, early badge with full name. I am just getting around to working with badges and have gone through several pilots badges, so Id like to think ive got the feel for them, but its always nice to get a second round of opinions. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kind regards, Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen   Flugzeugführerabzeichen  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen   Flugzeugführerabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen
    P
    Many

I don't really study these Andrew but, there are a couple of things that look suspicious to me.
    I believe the rivet heads should have a flat top on them, not be domed and I feel that the acorns on the right wreath seem a little too pronounced.
    Some details of the eagle seem to be different as well.
    Maybe Michael or Dennis can add to this, or correct me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ralph,

I can take a deeper look at it tomorrow if Dennis doesn't beat me to it. Had a real quick look earlier but then got pulled away.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the input guys! I have been comparing the badge with other examples I have found from the more "well known" dealers, and have seen them with both the shaved-top rivets and with the domed rivets. As I said, I am just starting to get into these, so that is just one of my observations, not to contradict those far more knowledgable in the subject than myself.

Kind regards

raz
    ?

Can you get better pictures of the MM ( my eyes can't decide if the AG is before or after Schneider ) , close up of the rivets and end shot of the catch ? I'm with Ralph on the acorns looking crosshatched and IMO the eagle feathers on the head and neck are very weak . Trying to be a type 1 I think . 40.1g --52.80mm H x 42.80mm W and 65.90mm wing span

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Can you get better pictures of the MM ( my eyes can't decide if the AG is before or after Schneider ) , close up of the rivets and end shot of the catch ? I'm with Ralph on the acorns looking crosshatched and IMO the eagle feathers on the head and neck are very weak . Trying to be a type 1 I think . 40.1g --52.80mm H x 42.80mm W and 65.90mm wing span
    Thanks. Haven't had time to study myself.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can't say that I am all that fond of the eagle... it looks cast to me, and that head looks terrible...

Here is a BSW I have - worth comparing the pair. perhaps...

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen   Flugzeugführerabzeichen  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen   Flugzeugführerabzeichen  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen