Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

flugzeugführerabzeichen Deutschbein Euskirchen, authentic?

Article about: Hi all, I know pics are taken on strange angles, but hopefully it may allow to get opinions on authenticity. I would say it's good but as I don't have any yet... thank you by advance for you

Default flugzeugführerabzeichen Deutschbein Euskirchen, authentic?

Hi all,

I know pics are taken on strange angles, but hopefully it may allow to get opinions on authenticity. I would say it's good but as I don't have any yet...

thank you by advance for your help.

regards,
    Pierre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement flugzeugführerabzeichen Deutschbein Euskirchen, authentic?
    P
    Many

Pictures taken at strange angles are a common tactic used to hide the imperfections and flaws in fakes. I'd be wary of any badge for sale that didn't have clear, straight-on photographs to accompany it. Not that this one is fake, but I'd ask for some better photos before I considered pulling the trigger.

B.B.

Hi Pierre,
    As far as I can see and tell rivets are completely wrong as well as the hinge, but you should wait for opinion from someone much more experienced and knowledgeable on this matter than me, but I think its a fake one.
    Best regards,
    Franko

I fully agree with Brodie, pictures like these with all that odd angles are always a bad sign. If seller is not willing to provide some proper pics you should probably pass on this badge.
    Best regards,
    Franko

MAP
    ?

My two cents...this is no good. Comparing the supplied photos (and all the problems noted above as well as inability to expand some) to the example in Previttera's book shows a clear difference that I don't think can be attributed to the angles.

Besides the hinge being too small the shape of the eagle in looking at it from the reverse has many obvious differences in it's outline as well as position (the rivets should not be aligned on the same horizontal axis.) The right wing, in looking at it from the reverse should also level off instead of continuing it's upward sweep to the tip of the feathers ends.

Further (and this could be a photo angle issue), the swastika sits too high on the obverse. In looking at it straight on is should overhang the bottom of the wreath by 1/3rd.

I really can't make any other comparisons (i.e. details of wreath and eagle) given the photos.

So, unless there are other variations of this maker, I would be highly skeptical unless someone here has better info. Not a cop out but I am still learning these as well as I am looking to add my first Pilot award to my collection.
    Last edited by MAP; 03-02-2018 at 03:19 AM. Reason: typo and terrible grammar
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Deutschbein shared the same eagle and wreath design as "BSW".

The badge in question have a "FLL" looking eagle design. Reverse side is also looking complete wrong.

Fake for me too.
    KR
    Joe

Hi,

Thank you for all your input. I was attracted by the fact it was presented with a "supposed" owner's certificate (I really like to have a badge with the corresponding certificate) but a big mistake has been avoided!
    It's on an auction site and some people are betting 500€ on it...

regards,

Pierre

MAP
    ?

€500 for an early tombak Pilots award is cheap...and even more so with award documents. So...the smart $ is on the sidelines and the " less informed" $$ is chasing dreams

It would be interesting to know the date on the award documents. See if they match up with this badge which I think is pre-39 (happy to be corrected)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes 500€ is very cheap for an original but for a copy...
    The document date is 16/9/1941 FYI.

regards,
    Pierre

MAP
    ?

Quote by vitezef View Post
    Yes 500€ is very cheap for an original but for a copy...
    The document date is 16/9/1941 FYI.

regards,
    Pierre
    don't count this as 100% but I think this maker was manufacturered in mid to late 30's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast