Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(A) four piece medal bar

Article about: I actually have four different ones that I would appreciate opinions on. Separated by designators A B C D.. Thank you guys as always.

Default (A) four piece medal bar

I actually have four different ones that I would appreciate opinions on. Separated by designators A B C D.. Thank you guys as always.

(A) four piece medal bar
    (A) four piece medal bar
    (A) four piece medal bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement (A) four piece medal bar
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a WW1 Vet that was then part of the Luftshutze during WW2 and also worked on the west wall. Looks nice to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am unsure of the order of the awards on this bar.
    I think the West Wall should be after the Hindenburg cross.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes I was under the impression of a chronological order as well. Am I wrong?

MAP
    ?

Ahh...missed that. Good catch Ralph.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Yes I was under the impression of a chronological order as well. Am I wrong?
    Wait for members with more knowledge about bars, I am not sure, but I would expect chronological order.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is the only other one I would question the order of.
    (D) four piece medal bar
    Ralph.

Yes indeed. I will look at some other examples but would seem strange if no order were applied to these knowing the meticulous dress code of everything else.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am unsure of the order of the awards on this bar.
    I think the West Wall should be after the Hindenburg cross.
    Ralph.
    Correct, Ralph. By the proper order of precedence, its should come in the last place on this bar.

Another thing that troubles me here is how the ribbons overlap: Normally, the first ribbon should overlap the second, the second the third, the third the fourth etc. On this bar, the second overlaps the first and third and the fourth one overlaps the third.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Correct, Ralph. By the proper order of precedence, its should come in the last place on this bar.
    Thank you Andreas!
    So, the Luftschutz should also come before the West Wall?
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast