Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.

Article about: Among other things, I do not like the crudeness of the pin's hole on the attachment plate. Also, the dash between the L and the S is not very close to the tail of the S as it should be. It i

Default Re: Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.

Among other things, I do not like the crudeness of the pin's hole on the attachment plate. Also, the dash between the L and the S is not very close to the tail of the S as it should be. It is quite possible that we're looking at a new generation of fakes that have been improved upon to correct previous errors overlooked.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.
    P
    Many

darn Vets and their fakes...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.   Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.  

Pesky bastards, aren't they? Well..if you're certain of it's originality, why then post it? And, while asking, how would You explain it being different from the known standard specimens? Never seen before new variety? What is your opinion on it? Other than how it was acquired, what makes you feel one way or the other about it?
    William

Hello again,

I asked for extra opinions to see if I was right with my assumption from those that knew. It was strange to see the reverse digits not convex to the curvature of the rim. My explanation of that is production; as numbers got longer it made more sense to curve them. I do not know of other early low digits like this that curve, and would appreciate an expert assessment of this. I am fairly familiar with Fuess badges (and the link provided) and it conformed with my other example. Yes, the reverse pin assembly is clearly not textbook, but because of period repair, not because it is a reproduction. What details on the front of the badge I posted are different than others? Surely there are variances between individual badges (don't just compare with one badge on one link) For instance, here's one named to Fritz Eisenhauer from Weinheim that I had researched by Robert McDivitt.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Goldenes Parteiabzeichen.  Goldenes Parteiabzeichen. 

Interesting comparison. For me the differences between the two badges shown are negligable. Therefore, in my opinion, if the second one shown is a confirmed original then so is the first one. Both badges appear to be fairly well worn, and I personally have no problem with the formation of the lettering, the general overall finish and number stamp or the pin which appears repaired or replaced, upside down or not.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello again,

Here's what the owner of the Gold Party badge website (same one that was referenced in this thread) had to say about this one:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - View Single Post - who was gold party badge number 925 ?

William Kramer

With all respect, Fuess used a distinctive script, as everyone knows, and it varied very little to none. The dash on the Eisenhauer badge is properly almost touching the tail of the S as it should, but the one posted it is quite far from the tail. If you'll re-read what was posted, no one has said this badge was Fake, however. I did make mention that it was Possible that a new generation of fakes could be surfacing, and this is always a possibility. Having said that, I would mention that I have collected for nigh onto a half a century now and have owned and handled dozens of GPB's large and small and the bottom line here is, that I still do not have a good feeling about this particular badge. If you feel confident on it's authenticity, then excellent news for you and that's all that's needed, but I, personally, would not pay the considerable money needed for a GPB for this one.
    William

William

There are features that look perfectly authentic, such as the ageing of the enamel. Then there are features that appear to be iffy, such as the member number not being curved, but as you said, it's a low number. However, the stamped member number appears to have bent the badge at the border and this would not have been acceptable for Fuess, knowing that he was hand picked by AH to make these badges. The font looks spot-on imo, but as William has noted, the hyphen is not orientated properly. Can this be a variant, possibly. But after adding all these little things together, it's too questionable. Knowing that I don't have experience with these badges, I will defer to saying that in-hand inspection would help. I'm not an expert by any stretch of my own imagination but even I could have told you last night that I wouldn't buy it based on what was visible and now more is visible. Please accept this note as not a knock, but constructive critique.

The second badge I have looked at in the sales section for months, it still looks great!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If you'll re-read what was posted, no one has said this badge was Fake, however.
    Is it authentic?

William Kramer

William

That's a loaded question, it's very similar to a Golden SS Hornor Ring (hypothetical). Even if it was 100% authentic, nobody has seen or heard of one and that in itself will always cause doubt in a collector's market. I cannot commit to saying it's authentic and wouldn't say it's fake without having it in-hand. It does not conform to known originals and that's a concern. The font looks spot-on to me (based on your pics) with the exception of the hyphen being orientated askew from known examples. This badge has the Hungarian Badge thing going, but opposite. The Hungarian badge looks like a fake and it's accepted as an original within the collecting community. It has no room in a serious collector's display. Your badge may be authentic, minus a few flaws compared to known examples, but will not be accepted my many for that reason. With all due respect, I wouldn't own this example, there are too many questions unanswered.

Wagriff has been collecting for a long time and his input is difficult to not consider. Perhaps it is a newer, upraded, super remake? For now, I'm not convinced either way. I'd like to see it in person, maybe at the next mil show in Illinois if you attend them.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast