Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen

Article about: Hello Everyone. I am thinking of buying this GWL Luftwaffe Combined Pilot & Observers badge(Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen). It looks genuine to me, but my track record for judg

Default GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen

Hello Everyone.

I am thinking of buying this GWL Luftwaffe Combined Pilot & Observers badge(Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen).

It looks genuine to me, but my track record for judging originality has been terrible so far.

Please check the pictures and confirm if this badge is original or not.

Thanks in advance.

MrFrank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen   GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen  

GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen   GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen  

GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen   GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen  

Last edited by rbminis; 03-14-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GWL Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen
    P
    Many

That one looks promising to me Frank, I would say that it is genuine badge, as far as I can tell everything is good. Reverse set up is as it should be. Rivets are looking good too. Hinge, catch and the pin are also correct. Obverse details are good. I think its a perfect match with known original example. But you definitely need to wait for some confirmation of this though.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Last edited by Franjo Vuk; 03-14-2018 at 01:45 PM.

I agree with Franko on this one, I think this one stands a chance. I would like to see a clearer picture of the reverse to check out the "thumb print" I think I can see some swirls on the reverse but would like to be sure .Regards, Paul

Thank you Franko

MrFrank

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    I agree with Franko on this one, I think this one stands a chance. I would like to see a clearer picture of the reverse to check out the "thumb print" I think I can see some swirls on the reverse but would like to be sure .Regards, Paul
    Hello Paul.

I noticed the swirls as well.
    I also thought that the maker mark looked correct.

Thanks for your help.

MrFrank

I would wait for fallschirmjager to give you his opinion he is very good with these badges.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would wait for fallschirmjager to give you his opinion he is very good with these badges.
    Morris
    Thanks Morris.

I have just PM'd him requesting his help.

I hope he does not mind.
    I am itching to buy this badge something fierce.

MrFrank

As collectors we all get that itch but please please be 1000% sure that this badge is correct as this one doesn't come cheap, I also notice that dodgy Silver 30 wound badge to the right of the photo ! This dealer obviously (judging by the other badges you've posted ) offers a mixed bag of gen & repro Regards ,Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    As collectors we all get that itch but please please be 1000% sure that this badge is correct as this one doesn't come cheap, I also notice that dodgy Silver 30 wound badge to the right of the photo ! This dealer obviously (judging by the other badges you've posted ) offers a mixed bag of gen & repro Regards ,Paul
    Hello Paul.
    All my recent pre -purchase badge assessment posts were from the same non eBay dealer.
    The first badges I ever bought were from this seller. I bought one Army and and one Luftwaffe Paratrooper badge which once received could definitely be seen to be two piece riveted badges. After that, I bought more badges from them, expecting all to be original, so with the most recent (pre Forum) less expensive ones, such as my IAB and GAB, I stupidly did not even check them !
    I still find it very strange that they sell a mix of original and reproduction pieces. Maybe, even they can't tell which is which ?
    I wanted a pilots badge for about 6 months, since I first started collecting.
    This one is a real beauty.
    Franko and you, both think that this is original, and so far no one has disputed that.
    I know you prefer a better close up photo for a clearer image of the swirls before being certain.

I will try to hang on a bit longer for one more confirmation........................

Thanks.

MrFrank

Can anyone else vouch for this badge ?

Thanks.

MrFrank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast