Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Heeres Flak Abzeichen

Article about: Hey guys, Friends just picked it up for me at local antique mall. Has the same back as the panzer badge I posted and everyone said was fake. Only thing that makes me feel it maybe ok is the

Default Heeres Flak Abzeichen

Hey guys,
    Friends just picked it up for me at local antique mall. Has the same back as the panzer badge I posted and everyone said was fake. Only thing that makes me feel it maybe ok is the other badge that came from theseller(supposely a vet) you guys said was good. Anyways thanks for the help.
    C.SHeeres Flak AbzeichenHeeres Flak AbzeichenHeeres Flak Abzeichen
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-01-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flak Abzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Scared to ask but here I go

Unfortunately it is a fake. The hinge being an integral part of the badge is a giveaway.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sorry but i have to agree, the badge itself is very flat and thin looking and as adrian has already said that hinge is very poor indeed with what looks like a peice of bent brass as a pin.

I have had lots of friends going to Europe saying "if I see any German stuff, I'll grab it for you" ....... and I have to politely decline their kind offer.
    The chances of a friend stumbling upon a genuine piece is like me winning the lotto!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: Heeres Flak Abzeichen

Bummer, atleast I am learning. The hinge is what scared me. I will if my friend can return it. Thanks for the help!

i looked at this before and declined to comment as i don't consider myself expert on these, but i must say that hinge really doesn't look like anything you'd see on any authentic badge. it looks "bridge-like" with a lot more play for the pin to rock back and forth than would have been indicative of the quality of a period badge so i am not surprised to see Adrian pointing out the pin as a giveaway at all.

come on guys,you missed the postwar RS clip.wakey wakey.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    come on guys,you missed the postwar RS clip.wakey wakey.
    That's because the hinge draws the eye away from it!

Not really a typical post war Souval catch as the cut out piece seems to be missing and a round wire hook is soldered in it's place. In fact I'm not sure it the catch plate isn't moulded as part of the badge too and is in fact not a seperate piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i can definitely see his point. a cut out there for sure. yet, as you point out Adrian, the catch is a round wire type.

i missed that cut out. it's almost like a hybrid or as you suggest perhaps an altered post war catch assembly.