Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Heeres Flakabzeichen.

Article about: What do you think? The "actual" color of the badge is silver; it looks different on photo...

Default Heeres Flakabzeichen.

What do you think?

The "actual" color of the badge is silver; it looks different on photo...

Heeres Flakabzeichen.Heeres Flakabzeichen.Heeres Flakabzeichen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flakabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heeres Flakabzeichen.

This is bad, sorry.

Note finish, pin, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

No chance for this one I'm afraid. A very poor fake, wrong material, wrong hinge, pin and catch and the details are terrible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Who went through the trouble making these?? They look a bit dated, so not a new production... Do you guys know any history/story on the production of fakes?
    Friend of mine told me that in Hungary they found original dyes for the Deutsche Cross after the war; scary...

?

I have enough trouble worrying about the history/story on the production of originals!

Quote by ludovit1 View Post
    Who went through the trouble making these?? They look a bit dated, so not a new production... Do you guys know any history/story on the production of fakes?
    Friend of mine told me that in Hungary they found original dyes for the Deutsche Cross after the war; scary...
    Plenty of fakes were made in the 1960s as appetite increased for badges ( collectors / bikers / rebels ) and bad memories faded. Many of these WERE made from original dies that had been mothballed since the war. Usually material used was sub-standard and fit and finish poor with cheap catches & hinges.

Remember that now these fakes are 40-50 years old!!!! and can look the part as far as overall wear is concerned but rule no 1 is always....
    LOOK AT THE DETAIL - in almost ALL cases even until the end of hostilities jewelers and makers kept up the high standards expected / demanded of them from earlier years and never created rubbish! Cheap materials and fast low labour cost manufacturing results in badges with poor detail and finish even IF original dies were used. Under a magnifying glass the detail will still be crisp on a good item.

Call them what you will but craftsmen they most certainly were!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the explanation.

?

In this case the detail let it down badly (along with the rest of it). The eagle in particular is very poorly executed.

This one looks like it was made yesterday from some sort of 'staybrite' alloy.

Sorry,another extremly poor copy.There are to many faults to list but the swastika area is particually bad.