Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen

Article about: Hello Gents, Geoff here. I was contacted by a friend of mine last night about a badge he currently owns. He wanted my opinion as far as originality however, although he had purchased the pie

Default Help with Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen

Hello Gents, Geoff here.
    I was contacted by a friend of mine last night about a badge he currently owns. He wanted my opinion as far as originality however, although he had purchased the piece from a major dealer, I am not knowledgeable in this area other than there are many good fakes and poor quality repros. Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated. I hope to learn more about these to avoid making a very expensive mistake down the road. these are the photos he sent me from his cell phone.Help with Flieger-Erinnerungs AbzeichenHelp with Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-22-2023 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Geoff,

Not an award I know much about, but I did look at my reference books. (Scapini and Previttera)

Neither show an award with cutouts around the talons. And Neither used that version of the Junker makers mark.

The photo of the obverse is blurry but details appear to be different as well.

If there are other variations of this award I do not know but they were not in these books.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Probably needs to be moved the decorations forum......

Any Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen with cut outs between the legs are regarded as being made post war and therefore not original. Added to that, the makers mark is nothing like you would expect to see from Juncker, it's too perfect, compare side by side with a known original Juncker mark and the difference will be clear.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Never seen this version of the Juncker maker mark on a Retired pilots badge. This does not automatically make it fake or post war, just an observation.

Best regards, Tobias

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Apologies for use of incorrect terminology Gentlemen. I am not often in this category of the forum and was in a bit of a hurry. I appreciate all the replies on the Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen.

Regards, Geoff