Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HELP!! Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern real or fake??

Article about: - - ------- - - I wanted to see if these are real before I plunge in a buy them, all help is appreciated, thank you!!

Exclamation HELP!! Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern real or fake??

HELP!! Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern real or fake??HELP!! Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern real or fake??

- - ------- - -

I wanted to see if these are real before I plunge in a buy them, all help is appreciated, thank you!!
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-25-2021 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP!! Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern real or fake??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You should get much MORE and much BETTER photos before you spend $10k+ for an award. (Actually more because of the Oaks)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'd say no. Not crisp enough image but even from poor image the leaves look incorrect. What's with the broken handle on the right sword? Also the swords hang over the top of the KCIC rim? Then the openings between the oak leaves and sword blades looks closed and non existent. Per Chris Ailsby in Gordon Williams book KC of IC a history of 1939 - 1945, pages 23 - & 24 the features seen are not on actual award pieces.

And as MAP points out the swords and oaks with the KCIC the price is too good to be true. No I do not own one of these but had sellers try to sell me reproductions of these and researching the award has proved to make me very wary.

Also, the criteria for production was not open for resale outside the Awards system but it has been debated that this may not had been strictly adhered to but think into the future when the time comes to sell, these same notations and questions are going to arise making it tougher to sell.

These were the only photos provided to me, it was a barnfind so I thought I could perhaps get lucky but I guess not haha.

- - ------- - -

Yes, from now on I won’t make that mistake. Thank you.

1 other tip, the swords are supposed to be attached by a small weld to the suspension loop & not the KCIC. the devil is in the details.

I'd supposed this was found in the reproducers barn! Good luck on your hunt!!

Thank you! All help is greatly appreciated. Saved me some money, some poor chap spent $500+ on this price during auction. Luckily it wasn’t me.