Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need your help! German and Russian Medal

Article about: Very nice medals you have pick up.

Default Re: I need your help! German and Russian Medal

Very nice medals you have pick up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need your help! German and Russian Medal
    P
    Many

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    Note that I did not comment on your assessment regarding the Soviet medal in question, merely on your faulty "shiny" logic You are probably in a better position then am I to comment on Soviet awards, as I don't collect them. If you in 1945 placed a fresh, new ribbon in a case where no light could reach it and in a case that would not react with the ribbon (through acids etc) and if this case was kept in an environment perfectly suited to conservation (correct moisture level etc, stable temperature) - the ribbon would come out of that box in 2012 looking pretty much, if not exactly like it was when it was first placed there.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Actually this is even not about how shiny - the colour of this ribbon is wrong itself. Original ribbons for that medal are something between yellow and orange, but not so clearly orange like this particular ribbon.

Those modern so-called "george ribbons" (georgijevskije lenty) that putinjugend in Russia is sharing in the streets, those ribbons are clearly orange with black - exactly like in this particular medal

Medal itself seems Ok, and the ribbon base is an old too.
    Best source about this medal is here (look at the ribbon colour): Ìåäàëü "ÇÀ ÏÎÁÅÄÓ ÍÀÄ ÃÅÐÌÀÍÈÅÉ"

KSH
    ?

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Actually this is even not about how shiny - the colour of this ribbon is wrong itself. Original ribbons for that medal are something between yellow and orange, but not so clearly orange like this particular ribbon.

Those modern so-called "george ribbons" (georgijevskije lenty) that putinjugend in Russia is sharing in the streets, those ribbons are clearly orange with black - exactly like in this particular medal

Medal itself seems Ok, and the ribbon base is an old too.
    Best source about this medal is here (look at the ribbon colour): Ìåäàëü "ÇÀ ÏÎÁÅÄÓ ÍÀÄ ÃÅÐÌÀÍÈÅÉ"
    Thank you for this info, Bruno! As I said you are probably better than me with such awards. I know nothing about Soviet awards to be honest. I originally only reacted to what to me seemed like an argumentation primarily based on the "shininess" of both the ribbons - which would constitute faulty logic in this regard - I see that maybe language issues between us created a misunderstanding causing more divide between us than was really ever there.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2