Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identify this badge/emblem on holster?

Article about: I don't know yet. It is pinned to the holster and a piece of thin red leather is glued over the tab or whatever, on the inside. I suppose I could maybe remove it and then reattach it by care

Tom2
    ?

Default Re: Identify this badge/emblem on holster?

I don't know yet. It is pinned to the holster and a piece of thin red leather is glued over the tab or whatever, on the inside. I suppose I could maybe remove it and then reattach it by carefully peeling the leather bit off the inside with a razor blade.

2. # ADS

That is a fascinating badge. You write that it is pinned to the holster? With prongs on the reverse of the badge? The wreath is laurel leaves that would signify an award of some type. The eagle head would signify accuracy/sharpshooting, while the oakleaves and acorn could denote relative success against set standards. And the edelweiss would place it in the Tirol-Vorarlberg area of Germany/Austria.

Tom2
    ?

Very well then, I have carefully peeled off the red leather patch on the inside over the fastening for the emblem. So I found it is a pin back, not just a stud, and someone made careful inletting so that type of pin could attach to the holster. The pin itself is hollow back with no markings. There is a gray glossy paint or coating appearing inside the pin. Now that the mystery is solved, I shall reattach the pin to the holster as found and use hide glue to restore the leather patch that covered the inside of the pin in the flap. Probably not necessary but original. Thanks for the further enlightenment about this pin. It is a rather small holster for the 6,35 Mauser and the emblem itself is 28 mm diameter. The whole outfit is posted in the firearms section of the forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify this badge/emblem on holster?   Identify this badge/emblem on holster?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2