Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Info about the authenticity of this Kubanshield.

Article about: Hi there, I am trying to expand on my Wehrmacht collection and found this Kubanshield online. The seller is asking a fair price but I would like some confirmation that the shield is original

Default Info about the authenticity of this Kubanshield.

Hi there, I am trying to expand on my Wehrmacht collection and found this Kubanshield online.
    The seller is asking a fair price but I would like some confirmation that the shield is original.
    I don't really see anything that is wrong with it, but then again, I'm not exactly an expert on these.
    The seller states that only the back is magnetic, not the front.

Any info on this piece by more experienced collectors would be awesome.

Sorry, I don't have more photos.

Kind regards,

Lars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info about the authenticity of this Kubanshield.   Info about the authenticity of this Kubanshield.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info about the authenticity of this Kubanshield.
    P
    Many

mmmmmm the only none magnetic Kuban shield (Front not backing plate) I'm aware of is made by Wurster & this doesn't look like one of them, Regards ,Paul

Thanks for your response! It's a bit strange though, because I can identify sewing marks on the back of the shield. This could be an indicator that it is an orginal. Ofcourse it doesn't make it an original per se, but it seems like a lot of effort for a replica.

Anyone else willing to give his 2 cents? I appreciate a lot.

Sorry mate, Happy to be proved wrong but I think this one is a repro ( adding a few stitches the difference between $15 & $100 ) regards, Paul

Could you point me to what seems off to you? All the other medals this seller is offering looks original.

It compere's very well with a known fake I have in my files , but as stated before the only non magnetic Kuban was made by Karl Wurster & this isn't one of those. If you do an advanced search (top right) you'll see what I mean. Regards ,Paul

Alright, in that case I'll pass on the medal. I appreciate the effort. Thank you very much!

Low 4 fake sorry