Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just another Deutsches Kreuz in Gold ....... but who made it ??

Article about: I've had this well-worn DKiG for longer than I can remember. I think I found it around 1978. So please excuse the old pre-digital photos. The bottom line is .............. it's a typical 'He

Default Just another Deutsches Kreuz in Gold ....... but who made it ??

I've had this well-worn DKiG for longer than I can remember.

I think I found it around 1978.

So please excuse the old pre-digital photos.

The bottom line is .............. it's a typical 'Heavy Deschler' type in every respect .............but the pin reverse is stamped with the Zimmermann '20'.

The pin looks like it has been with the thing since the day it was made ....... not a replacement pin.

So who made it ??

In 50+ years of collecting, I've never seen another DK marked like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just another Deutsches Kreuz in Gold  ....... but who made it ??   Just another Deutsches Kreuz in Gold  ....... but who made it ??  

Last edited by rbminis; 05-04-2023 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just another Deutsches Kreuz in Gold  ....... but who made it ??
    P
    Many

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A very good question, Robin. Perhaps the pin was a bought in part to complete an order or vice versa, alas I doubt we’ll ever know.

?

I would say if the actual DK is a Deschler, it's a Deschler. Pins can be removed and replaced and added over time but I would always say if the actual award can be identified to a particular maker, I'd go with that.

Deschler were in Munich and Zimmermann in Pforzheim. They're not exactly neighbours, there's a good 200 miles between them so exchanging parts seems unlikely unless there was no DK makers closer and Deschler had run out of pins so ordered a few from a fellow manufacturer knowing that the pins would work on their awards.

Maybe an awardee had broken the pin on his award and took it to the nearest maker for repair? The possibilities are many and we will never know for sure but it makes it an interesting award.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....