Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall

Article about: I know some of the medals here are ww1. The most interesting and the one in question is the Romanian one Is it the grand cross of the Romanian crown OR the crown order 2. type civ.? Does any

?

Default just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall

I know some of the medals here are ww1.

The most interesting and the one in question is the Romanian one

Is it the grand cross of the Romanian crown OR the crown order 2. type civ.?
    Does anyone know? And why where these gven to germans during ww2

For those not knowing it's the red "maltesecross" in the center of the pic.just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall

She gave me the book underneath the medals, geshicte der 3. panzer-division, along with the medals.
    Really interesting book and complete to such an extent that i quickly found her father, his data, fieldpost no. etc. and two descriptions of specifik attacks on specifik installations in which he was leading :-D
    Amazing stuff and it adds up fine with the things she allready told me regardin his movements from 39 and forward.

I some years, "when she's gone", i can publish the book about her childhood at Carinhall and her familys journey through ww2 that she's allowed me to start writing.
    She's helping med with notes too now, reading his wardiaries and teaching me to read gothic as she says i'll need it in order to finsh it all off.
    Hope she doesnt plan on leaving me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall
    P
    Many

Default Re: just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall

Hi Jesper, the WW2 stuff looks good

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: just recieved this from my dear friend from Carinhall

Thanks Woolgar, i myself have no doubts about neither the ww2 stuff nor the ww1 stuff.
    The ww1 stuff prob. comes from either of her grandfathers who both served back then.

Very nice Romanian Order of the Crown of Romania for civilians, grade of knight. This is the 1881-1932 issue and it seems a little odd to be found together with german military decorations.
    Very nice collection
    Best regards
    Sever

?

Dear Sever

I've looked a little into this and it seem a few germans did recieve this romaian order during ww2, my friends father being one. i recently saw a list, "a military cv", where this order was mentionned aswell!
    Just saw it briefly before she put it in an envelope and wrote my name on it..there was a few other papers in there allready!

Will post a few other papers i recently recieved, kennkarte and a "Schwerkriegsbeschädigten ausweis" she dug out days before christmas ;-)
    What a present!

Happy newyear

Jesper