Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Article about: Is this the Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer Vizeadmiral Rieve is wearing?

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Is this the Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer Vizeadmiral Rieve is wearing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-12-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände
    P
    Many

I would say yes it is.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, could it also be the Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände?
    It would go with Rieve's duties, mainly coastal duties: Oslo Port commandant, commander of Channel Coast, Naval Station of North Sea.

Quote by Kriegsmarine Admiral View Post
    Thanks, could it also be the Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände?
    It would go with Rieve's duties, mainly coastal duties: Oslo Port commandant, commander of Channel Coast, Naval Station of North Sea.
    Possible.

Although the image is not nearly clear enough to positively identify the badge, I am actually certain it is not the Hilfskreuzer-Kriegsabzeichen: That one was for the crews of auxiliary cruisers, and Rieve never served in this role.

I agree, the Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände makes most sense and it does look like it even though the photo is bad quality.

Quote by Kriegsmarine Admiral View Post
    I agree, the Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände makes most sense and it does look like it even though the photo is bad quality.
    Certainly looks like it to me. The first impression I get is of the water spout or "plume" representing an exploding mine which is central to this badge. The stylised Viking longboat of the Hilfskreuzer badge gives a wider impression from distance and out of focus I believe.

Add the biographical evidence and I think the question is answered.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Possible.

Although the image is not nearly clear enough to positively identify the badge, I am actually certain it is not the Hilfskreuzer-Kriegsabzeichen: That one was for the crews of auxiliary cruisers, and Rieve never served in this role.
    Correct !!

He never served on the Hilfskreuzers,nor did he receive the HK award.

He was Commandant of the Kreuzer Karlsruhe in 1939-40, so my guess is that he is wearing the Flottenkrieg abz ?

Cheers,Martin.