Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

Article about: Hi there, I posted this one in a similar thread. And was told that this one is a fake one cause of the set up. Wel I post a picture also of the back, because it looks like there has been ano

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

Hi there,

I posted this one in a similar thread. And was told that this one is a fake one cause of the set up.

Wel I post a picture also of the back, because it looks like there has been another set up, on it before.
    Ore am I just this rookie that it is clearly a fake?

Thx guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

Horrible detail on front, incorrect hinge and catch on back. A poor fake IMO. Sorry for the crappy news if you are the owner, try posting here before purchasing an item. If you search this forum or the net for known originals it will become very clear very fast this one is no good.

Default re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

Thx Youthcollector!

Im am the poor owner of this amazingly bad repro...
    The area of badges and awards are really not my area... I need to have a real on in my hands to see the difference I guess. Because I cannot see bad detail differences on original and mine one when I compare it to pictures.

Thx Anyway...

First of all, the badge is 100% bogus, let's be clear on that.

The badge has originally been made to have a hinge or securing hook on a footplate soldered to the top of the badge as can bee seen on the originals below. But fakers invariably use different rear set ups to make awards that resemble known originals, but generally these are easily spotted by reasonably experienced collectors.

Or else, the faker has difficulty in obtaining the correct type hinge/hook for the stock of badges he has, and makes do with whatever he can get, leaving the telltale signs of what the set up should have been. That's all there is to it....
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?  Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

As said in the other thread and above, this badge is fake. The only make who used a horizontal pin set up was Deumer and the badge above did not come from them as you can see if you compare to my examples below, one each in tombac and zinc.

Also, please don't use photobucket or image hosting sites. Load them directly to the forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Cool Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

"The only make who used a horizontal pin set up was Deumer and the badge above did not come from them as you can see if you compare to my examples below, one each in tombac and zinc."

That's good 'gen! I didn't know that....Kewl!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände: real or repro ?

Thanks Adrian and Ned,
    I totally see the difference. Feel quite stupid now But heey ... Its not the end of the world.
    Looking forward to get a real on in my hands.

?

No need to feel stupid, if you don't ask you won't find out.

It's better to ask before you spend any money though.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....