Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie (Schwerin fake?)

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Another purchase i would like to get is this great coastal artillery badge , however It doesn't have hardly any of it's original paint left. But there is a lot of nice detai

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie (Schwerin fake?)

Hello Gentlemen,

Another purchase i would like to get is this great coastal artillery badge , however It doesn't have hardly any of it's original paint left. But there is a lot of nice detailing which makes me think it could be a nice original example. Maker marked Schwerin Berlin. Any help much appreciated , i am so sorry for the questions Gentlemen but i would hate to buy a fake badge (again!) which can happen to the best of us . Many Thanks in advance. (P.S it's a shame the swastika is covered , i hate that)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie (Schwerin fake?)
    P
    Many

Hi Jimm,

I think that it is original badge in zinc, but wait for some other opinions for confirmation.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Jimm,

I think that it is original badge in zinc, but wait for some other opinions for confirmation.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Thank you Franko my friend. Really appreciated - as ever a true gentleman.

?

Jimn you must be building a hell of a collection with all these badges and medals you have been buying

?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Jimn you must be building a hell of a collection with all these badges and medals you have been buying
    Yes I have been buying rather a lot these past couple of weeks JB , i had forgotten how addictive it is. I am still looking for some more nice purchases. Any ideas at all respectfully?. Hopefully the coastal artillery badge pictured is a good one. I feel bad for asking so many questions but i only want original items , it is hard starting out again. Especially finding items for fair prices. Just paranoid about fakes after being burned a couple of times. Hope you understand. I'll have to take a picture of my collection so far when my other items arrive.

?

Hey at least you are saying thank you and showing you’re grateful to the people like franko who are helping you out, as to any suggestions i cant say

?

I am still unsure with this one , i guess the bubbling to the back is a good sign and the detailing seems good. Might take a chance.

It's a good Schwerin badge, and most of the later zinc made ones with just "Schwerin Berlin" lose their finish. and look somewhat bare- they sell between £170-200 depending on the finish

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    It's a good Schwerin badge, and most of the later zinc made ones with just "Schwerin Berlin" lose their finish. and look somewhat bare- they sell between £170-200 depending on the finish
    Thank you so much John , i am now happy to get this one if i can. So great to hear this news. Would be great to add this one to my other combat badges.

?

Damn I forgot to bid , ended up going for £125 i'd forget my head if it was loose lol. Hopefully another will appear soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast