Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie

Article about: As I have already shown my other other artillery based war badges from the Heer & Luftwaffe, I thought that I would show the one from the Kreigsmarine. Instituted by Grandadmiral Raeder

Default Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie

As I have already shown my other other artillery based war badges from the Heer & Luftwaffe, I thought that I would show the one from the Kreigsmarine.

Instituted by Grandadmiral Raeder on 24th June 1941. Designed by Otto Placzek of Berlin.

The maker of this example is "Schwerin, Berlin." Their makers mark on original badges is quite distinctive, with uneven sized lettering, so I have shown a close up here for reference.

This one is a mid war to late war badge, made from zinc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie   Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie  

Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie

What was the criteria to receive one of these Ade?
    Ben

Default re: Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie

Hi Ben, it was awarded on a points basis, which was similar to the Heer & Luftwaffe war badges.

8 points would be required for award of the badge. 2 points were given for the destruction of an aircraft. If another battery jointly claimed the kill, 1 point was given.

Searchlight, sound detector crews etc were also eligable, but were only given half a point per dectection.

Like other war badges it could also be given for a single act of bravery to which no other award was given.

Cheers, Ade.

Ta mate
    Ben

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery war badge/ Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie

Ade you give such good history to you pieces, thanks, wish I had seen them sooner!!!