Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?

Article about: Hello again. Having nothing in my collection from the Kriegsmarine I was drawn to this badge. Marked as FEC.ADOLF BOCK, AUSF.SCHWERIN BERLIN - A known maker. The pin seems chunky but so do o

Default Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?

Hello again.

Having nothing in my collection from the Kriegsmarine I was drawn to this badge.

Marked as FEC.ADOLF BOCK, AUSF.SCHWERIN BERLIN - A known maker. The pin seems chunky but so do others for sale - but since I have nothing to compare it at home could someone give me their thoughts / opinions?

Here as the images to looks at.

Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?
    P
    Many

?

Keep looking.....
    The reverse hardware is wrong as is the makers mark.
    Compare it with known originals and you will see the difference.
    These badges are quite common and easy to find so you shouldn't have any problems finding an original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian,

The price was good and the finish on the front appeared good - that was what attracted me. No obvious low fake price but low enough to interest me.

Was it the raised pin clasp? The clasp on a sort of round plinth?

I didn't like the oblique 'only' photo of the makers stamp. That is acccidental or more possibly to hide the truth.

I've seen a few that's true. I'll keep looking of course..

?

The pin shape is wrong and the makers mark is too uniform and block like. All the letters are perfectly formed and aligned, original Schwerin makers marks are not like that and not so proud from the surface.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks again,

I shall note that in my 'things to watch out for'

Regards

Mark

Here's the reverse of my original for future reference, Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?   Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen/High Seas Fleet war badge - thoughts?  

Thanks Paul. That's very helpful as a reference example..