Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard)

Article about: Hi all Today I gave my son a nice Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter from the Deschler hoard for his 17th birthday, next to a mint and complete Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Ok

hvm
    ?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard)

Hi all

Today I gave my son a nice Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter from the Deschler hoard for his 17th birthday, next to a mint and complete Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 mit spange.

The Deschler hoard was a large quantity of medals found in the attic of an old shop when it was being refurbished. The hoard cosisted of both classes of Kriegsverdienstkreuz - with and without swords, Eisenes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Ost Medaille, Mutterkreuz and Spanish (?) medals (I think that was all?)

95% of the items found were in absolute mint condition with the other 5% being those that were on the outside of the hoard and exposed to the attic conditions. The awards were still in their original packaging, unopened since the day they were packed in the factory.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard)

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard)

Here is the original source: Deschler hoard Mutterkreuz.....

This set originates from the famous "Deschler hoard find". The cross was found with the original paper wrappings and an original piece of rayon ribbon.

War Merit Cross 2'nd class without swords and is made of Buntmetall. More or less in mint condition and maker marked "1" to the suspension ring for: "Deschler & Sohn, München".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter (Deschler hoard)
    P
    Many

hvm
    ?

Now I am actually curious if more is known about the Deschler hoard? For example, where was it found and when?

Dos
    ?

The Deschler & Sohne Hoard was found in 2006. I don't know the exact date, but having read multiple forums and news articles this is the correct year.. Correct me if I’m wrong..

A lot of information is found here on the WAF:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

And this is a link to the news article that was made when the Deschler & Sohne location in Feldkirchen was demolished:

Deschler & Sohn: Ordensschmiede der Papste und Konige wird abgerissen | Munchen Landkreis

My thinking is that this stockpile of unissued awards came from the old factory on Wirtstraße 9 in München or the warehouse about 4 km away on the Maderbräustraße 1. It could also be a from a Deschler location that i don't know the existence of... In 1960 Deschler & Sohne moved from the old wartime location to a new location on the Sonnenstraße 26 in Feldkirchen, A village on the outskirts of Munchen. Perhaps at this moment the leftover stockpile was transferred over to an attic or to the new factory location in Feldkirchen. At the end of the 2000's this location was demolished and maybe someone knew this was going to happen and made a deal for the things that were left inside. Rumors go that Helmut Weitze bought it all and distributed a lot of these awards to other dealers for trade or cash.

Since Deschler & Sohn is my favorite maker, I hope that someone else can enlighten us with facts or new discoveries about this. I've recently purchased the book "Die Deschler Fotos" and this gives you an inside view of the old wartime factory and the production of the Eiserne Kreuz. It also tells a bit about the history and other insignia and awards they made.

-Dos

hvm
    ?

Thank you Dos. That's interesting information. It could well be that Helmut Weitze bought this up. I also came across this photo.

Personally, I think it is a very nice addition to the collection of these types of items. As good as new, but still so old and with a nice story to it.