Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

Article about: Good afternoon once again folks, I have been sorting through several of my Third Reich items over the past few weeks and along with doing my own research as well as the much appreciated assi

Default Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

Good afternoon once again folks,

I have been sorting through several of my Third Reich items over the past few weeks and along with doing my own research as well as the much appreciated assistance from some very informed and knowledgeable collectors on this forum I have been able to identify mostly original items with a few reproductions that have been pulled from my items that I will be giving to my son.

As mentioned I have several campaign shields that I am not 100% sure of and since I have spent the past 2 days or so looking through hundreds of pictures and reading hundreds of posts and comments, I am not comfortable determining that I do have reproductions.

This is the first of 2 Krim shields that I have and I believe this is an original shield. The core and badge and back plate are both magnetic. I have read in a few places that original shields were magnetic, but I have also read that non metallic metals were used in the production so the conflicting information is rather confusing to me. So I would rather hear it from those who are more experienced as to what the factual information on these shields are..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1   Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1  

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1   Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1  

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1   Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1
    P
    Many

Hey Smitty. I am certainly no more well versed in these shields than yourself but in the interest of bumping the thread and learning. I will share my thoughts. IMO this one is no good. My reasons are the details of the eagle are rather soft head, feathers, chest etc. The center claw on the right foot looks to have a cast inclusion? The city dots on the outline of the country seem small and ill defined. There should be six I believe? The small one towards the very bottom of the country (under the letter R) seems missing. Compare to a shield deemed original. I know it's a different variant/maker but just for discussion purposes. Best regards.

Brian

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

Brian,

Thanks for your information and insight.. Much appreciated.. Hoping others will also jump in..

Smitty

Me too Smitty. It d be great to get others input. So I'll give her one more bump!

Brian

Hopefully some of the members that are more informed about Campaign shields can help out..

Appreciate all who have looked though...

Smitty

Hello everyone..

I am bumping this back up to see if there are others who could share their thoughts on this shield...

Smitty

raz
    ?

According to Mr. Weber's book to me it is the reproduction 1.03 . Anyone else who has the book or has more expertise can confirm or correct me . Looks spot on for 1.03 .

raz,

Thanks.. Appreciate your assessment. I would like to see what the picture in the book looks like to validate your assessment.. Appreciate you getting it down to a specific resource..

Smitty

raz
    ?

Hope this helps

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

raz
    ?

Smitty , I could be wrong as this is copied after unknown maker and is 1.22 in the book . Tried to get pics but the pic in the book is to dark . says the head and 2 are the defining traits . The more I look at the enlarged pics the more I like your badge .

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast