Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kubanschild

Article about: Had a chance to buy this one first, but didn't like the tabs, as I was unfamiliar with them. Honestly, I thought the one I originally posted had better detail, but after looking around I tho

?

Default Kubanschild

Had a chance to buy this one first, but didn't like the tabs, as I was unfamiliar with them. Honestly, I thought the one I originally posted had better detail, but after looking around I thought this one has a better chance of being original. What do you think?

Many thanks,
    Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubanschild   Kubanschild  

Kubanschild   Kubanschild  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kubanschild
    P
    Many

Better wait for ned cause he's the man.
    I,ve seen this describe as a 5.1 type. It looks the same as mine except appears to have no bronze finish on it. Almost looks like its had surface rust and someone has been at it with the lemon juice.
    As I say I am never confident in this game so wait for others.
    regards
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Better wait for ned cause he's the man.
    I,ve seen this describe as a 5.1 type. It looks the same as mine except appears to have no bronze finish on it. Almost looks like its had surface rust and someone has been at it with the lemon juice.
    As I say I am never confident in this game so wait for others.
    regards
    Rod
    Good call Rodder's it is a 5.1 by an unknown maker. As you state it's seen better days though, I personally would wait for a better one if it was up to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Show's what I know. In hand the fake looked much better than the original. Thanks for all the help.

Jim

that's the way it goe's Jim.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Good call Rodder's it is a 5.1 by an unknown maker. As you state it's seen better days though, I personally would wait for a better one if it was up to me.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned. I will never get to your league though.
    This is one that I did a bit of research on at the time because I received one of these and a demjansk shield from a vet’s nephew.
    For the benefit of jim and me is there an other type of these which also uses side tabs to fix it to the back plate. I have noticed another type floating around with side tabs but was not sure if they were genuine.
    thanks again
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Thanks Ned. I will never get to your league though.
    This is one that I did a bit of research on at the time because I received one of these and a demjansk shield from a vet’s nephew.
    For the benefit of jim and me is there an other type of these which also uses side tabs to fix it to the back plate. I have noticed another type floating around with side tabs but was not sure if they were genuine.
    thanks again
    Rod
    Hi Rodder's,

Yes, there are side tab versions. All Kuban shield makers bar the 5.6 type (Wurster) are so far unknown and go by the numbers 5.1 to 5.7. The 5.2 type has tabs, as does the 5.3 and 5.4, The 5.5, 5.6 (Wurster) and 5.7 all have securing prongs.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks again Ned your a gentleman.
    Never knew that four makers had used the tab design.
    Interesting stuff.
    Thanks
    Rod