Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Lapplandschild

Article about: Hi, could you help me with that shield ? Is it original ?

Default Lapplandschild

Hi, could you help me with that shield ? Is it original ?

Lapplandschild
    Lapplandschild
    Lapplandschild
    Lapplandschild

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lapplandschild
    P
    Many

Without absolute provenance you could never be sure. Regards Paul.

The cast ones made in the PoW Camps are a little easier to verify, but this one being totally hand made with the details being pin punched is a much harder proposion.

Very hard to say for sure. It looks "ok" and appears to have some age to it.

Price and any story behind it might help?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

why does that sleeve not have a SWASTIKA on it? just courious?

Theory:

If in a POW camp prisoners were not allowed to acknowledge the NSDAP party or any other symbol of Nazism. This would include military eagles to respective branch of service. The few German POW photos I've seen almost none have breast eagles still attached to their respective uniforms.

Maybe shield was crafted absent any swastika or acknowledgement of TR party association. Just a theory.

Gerry C.

From the Still Dry High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Although authorized in February 1945 & noted in the recipients pay book, Presentation of the shield commenced post war hence they were made with no Swastika. Locally produced there are several variations but they are all very crude in there manufacture. Regards Paul

?

thank you for the reply to my question on why no Swastika was on that Schield. I guess if it was awarded to the Soldat, he wanted it even in a POW, camp. are most of them made in POW camps, or would they have been made after being released at home also?

?

They were mostly made in POW camps, handmade-, casts- and stamped shields, lots of variants. I ve seen several award documents following them, issued in Norway the spring and summer of 1945. And there is the 1957 variant that is nicely stamped.
    Here is a pic of one such document, together with a repro- or `57 variant.

Lapplandschild
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

that document is the first that I have seen, thank you for posting it. even the STEMPEL ADLER has no Swastika. it has been scraped off I would suspect? I did not know that there was a 57 version made on a cloth backing. that is a splendid grouping that you posted. thank you.

?

Hello all,

I've been interested in the Lappland region for long time.

I also have a few items, but there is no information about the originality, I guess it's a matter of faith

Attached is a picture.

Best regards
    Litza

Lapplandschild
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !