Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Lorient Arm Shield

Article about: Thinking this was worn on the left arm. Anything stand out on this one? Appreciate all the help and explanations.

Default Lorient Arm Shield

Thinking this was worn on the left arm. Anything stand out on this one?

Appreciate all the help and explanations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lorient Arm Shield   Lorient Arm Shield  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lorient Arm Shield
    P
    Many

Please try to post your photos in the correct orientation, it makes it much easier to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If you are using your phone, here is a thread where others have had the same problems.
    Upside down, sideways cell phone pics
    I believe there is a solution.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

These were never an official shield and should be viewed with extreme caution.

Take a look at this thread (and many more using the search function)

Lorient shield opinions......

And the below text is from Ade from another thread....

Arm shields???

Official awarded shields are:

Narvik
    Krim
    Demjansk
    Kuban
    Cholm
    Lappland (this one never had a swastika being made early post war in POW camps in Norway)

The Stalingrad sheild was designed on paper in two versions both of which feature a grain elevator and the river Volga and one with a dead Grenadier, but neither were ever produced, after Hitler rejected the idea of an award which comemmorated a defeat. Fantasy versions of these come in another design which features the "Stalingrad Cross" shoulder strap cypher as worn by Gren Regt 134. This one was invented in England in the 1970's.

The Warsaw sheild was designed and a couple of test peices made. But an air raid destroyed the dies and the project was never reserected.

The Balkan shield might have got to the prototype stage only but never made in quantity or awarded.

A desputed item which is very controversial and may well be a post war fantasy item:
    Lorient (I would love to think this was real, but my head says no) Blank dog tags stamped "Festung Lorient 1944" were distributed.

Outright fantasys:
    Arnheim (Again another English invention from the '70's)
    Budapest

Local semi official awards:
    The Dunkirk shield but worn in small format on the cap by the cut off garrison in 1944/45.
    The Memel shield was a local award like the Dunkirk with no offical standing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My apologizes. Getting tired. Will do better in the future. Thanks for your patience.

MAP, thank you.