Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???

Article about: Hi all! I need expert opinions on a bunch of German medals I purchased in an enormous lot. The lot includes mostly American medals, ribbons and bars, but the German medals included in the lo

Default Re: Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???

The better pics of the GWB don't instill me with confidence. The makers stamp doesn't look crisp enough & hinge is odd. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???
    P
    Many

R.R
    ?

I had see another gold badge marked 30 with other hardware type, but I'm not sure if it's conclusive to determine autenticity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???   Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

The maker 30 badge is heavily faked with Floch being a main contributor. Here is a link for you to check out and compare your badge to.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...nd-badge-6305/

Tom

?

So we've determined the silver wound badge to be the real deal, but the gold is a fake? Is there any true way to know whether the GWB is truly a fake? I've had a look at the link StuG III posted and everything on mine except the hinge looks pretty much identical to those assumed authentic. There were obviously different versions of the pin and hinge, could this not be just another version?

R.R
    ?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    So we've determined the silver wound badge to be the real deal, but the gold is a fake? Is there any true way to know whether the GWB is truly a fake? I've had a look at the link StuG III posted and everything on mine except the hinge looks pretty much identical to those assumed authentic. There were obviously different versions of the pin and hinge, could this not be just another version?
    Dzyner,

The problem is that Mr. Floch has made some quality german awards reproductions very dificult to identify at the first look. The experienced colectors has identified theses ones comparing with very knew originals and fixing diferences. Reading the post linked, I supose this Floch copy was identified by the same method.

Regards,

Ricardo

Hinge system is vastly different to originals & the base metal appears different,neither tombak or zinc. Stewy S

The hue on the GWB is typical of modern electro-plating.
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2