Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)

Article about: Hello, everyone! I want to decorate my Luftwaffe cockpit display by adding Luftwaffe insignia to it. I want to buy this item shown in the photo, but I'm not sure if it's original. Could you

Default Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)

Hello, everyone!
    I want to decorate my Luftwaffe cockpit display by adding Luftwaffe insignia to it. I want to buy this item shown in the photo, but I'm not sure if it's original. Could you take a look and give me your opinion?
    Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Is it original or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)
    P
    Many

I believe this badge to be a reproduction the reverse appears to me to be trying to be a Junker type but the eagle doesn't match any type i know of, Glad to be proven wrong. Regards Paul

?

I really can't be sure about it to be honest. The badge is so close to original Juncker badges but as Paul says, the eagle is unlike what is accepted as being original Juncker. The beak and claw are not what I would want to see but everything else is looking good.
    It's a strange one but if it was me, I'd pass and find one that ticks all the boxes.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I like this badge.
    It has a lot of similarities to the earlier Junker badges.
    I like the rounded hinge plate and the two tone metal assembly that is found on good badges. The hook plate looks correct.
    Maybe the picture angle is just enough to not be able to identify the eagle correctly. It isn't a familiar nickel silver eagle that is normally found on Juncker badges.

Friends, thank you for your help and advice! Most likely, I won't be purchasing this item because there isn't a unanimous opinion that it's entirely authentic. I don't want to risk wasting money.
    Thanks again!

When i correct remember, is this a postwar Steinhauer & Lück Erdkampfabzeichen.

Thanks for that additional input Joe.
    I don't think this is a post war S&L. I'll post a picture or two below shortly.

The S&L badges all seem to have a narrower hinge assembly than the thread starter and all see to have the hook on a round base plate.

My feelings are it is an original Junker badge that has had the nickel silver eagle replaced. I know it is common knowledge that the Junker badges are famous for losing their 'outer eagle' so perhaps this has been restored with some other example as you say more than likely S&L.

The pictures aren't really good enough to make a positive determination IMO and it would need a lot lore looking in to before a decision either way could be made.

This is a comparison of hinges of known good Junker badges and the thread starter followed by an S&L attributed badge

Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)

BUT as already been mentioned it has two many points of contention to spend good money on

All the best
    Doug

S&L Example. Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)Luftwaffe “Erdkämpf” Abzeichen (badge)

Pictures from File for reference

?

I initially thought post war S&L but they all seemed to have a round catch base plate, not the longer one. The hinges are a little different from the Juncker made pieces as Doug points out. Also, look at the rocks to the right of the lighting strike, on the S&L the rocks make a straight line, on the one in the opening post there is a distinct point.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm a novice at this.
    How can I replace the eagle, or how can it be detached?
    Because if you look at this emblem from the back, you can see that it's a solid piece of metal cast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast