Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - original medal but repro ribbon?

Article about: Hello everyone, I got this OM but I think the ribbon is a repor (it is smaller and doesn´t look right to me). But the medal should be a original if I am not mistaken, but I am not sure abou

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - original medal but repro ribbon?

Hello everyone,

I got this OM but I think the ribbon is a repro (it is smaller than others I own and it doesn´t look right to me).
    But the medal should be a original if I am not mistaken, but I am not sure about the maker.

Thank you in advance,
    John

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - original medal but repro ribbon?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - original medal but repro ribbon?
    P
    Many

Hello John!

I am by no means an expert, and will let others chime in on the medal. However, I believe the ribbon is fake as you mentioned. The sides of the ribbon appear to be "flatter" and less "bumpy" when compared to originals I have seen. Another way you can check its authenticity is via the backlight test. You can also check the ring on the medal for a maker mark.

All the Best,
    Spartan

?

Original medal and repro ribbon in my opinion. Although the text on the reverse is not very neat.....

*Edit* I've been looking on the Ostmedaille Database and can't find a good match.
    Hopefully Sindri will see this thread and offer his far more informed opinion.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-02-2024 at 11:06 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello,

I posted this one on the Wehrmacht Award forum as well and I got a reply from Sindri there.
    He says it is a 109 Walter & Henlein, one of a few different variants.
    When I saw it on sale the pictures were not great but I thought that it might be a maker 109.
    Should I remove the fake ribbon and try to get a original one?

John

?

Ah! OK, good, at least it's been identified. I would be looking for an original ribbon and bin the repro.

Thank you,
    should I attach a original ribbon or just keep the ribbon loose with the medal?

?

That's entirely up to you and how you want to display or keep your medal. Personally I would find an original ribbon and put it through the ribbon ring.