Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten

Article about: Hello folks. The other half of the medal pair I recently acquired via eBay. I've been after one of these medals for quite some time, but have always managed to put off buying one. They are b

Default Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten

Hello folks.

The other half of the medal pair I recently acquired via eBay. I've been after one of these medals for quite some time, but have always managed to put off buying one. They are by no means rare, and top end examples are fairly easy to find, but there's always been something else I was more interested in. At long last, I have my very own Frozen Meat Medal.

This looks to be a later-production piece, with a dull border rather than the shiny silver one sometimes seen. There are a few light scratches on both sides, but otherwise the medal is damage free. As with the Sudetenland Medal that came with it, the ring is unfortunately broken. It remains strong, however. And it holds the ribbon in place just fine.
    The ribbon is nice and clean, but has a few folds in it that will probably take a long time to 'iron out'.

Another gap in my Riker case filled, and another addition to my fast-growing collection of Third Reich combat decorations.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten   Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten
    P
    Many

Very nice Ost medal and condition is very good also. Great find.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Very nice Ost medal and condition is very good. Great find.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Not bad for an eBay find! Not every day that stuff like this comes up.

B.B.

?

Nice B.B. I like these medals and this is good condition and a good length of ribbon to boot.

MAP
    ?

Very nice! A common award but a must have for every collection! Congrats!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you both. I think I can say with relative certainty that my first Riker case is now full!
    This is what it looks like now. I've started adding labels for the benefit of any visitors.

B.B.

?

Really is a very eye catching display B.B. I like it and thanks for sharing with us.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Thank you both. I think I can say with relative certainty that my first Riker case is now full!
    This is what it looks like now. I've started adding labels for the benefit of any visitors.

B.B.
    Full??? Plenty of room for some stick pins to match the awards!!!!

And that is the disease we have!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If it is a disease, it's one I'm happy to suffer from!
    I feel like adding any more to this case would make it look crowded. I've seen other members fill these cases to the point that the backing was no longer visible. I try to keep my displays neat and tidy, akin to those in museums. Display too much in one place, and individual items are lost in the broader scope. It becomes more about the scale of the display, and less about the items therein.

As for stickpins, there are some 'cheap' facets of militaria that I'm saving for a time when I may not have much expendable income. I'm buying the 'big stuff' now, while I can.

B.B.

I have a hard time finding Reich items on eBay but every once in a while a few will slip through the cracks of their screening.. Very nice medal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast