Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal makers rarity

Article about: Hey guys I've finally started tagging my medals by makers and was hoping there was a link someone knows of showing the rarity of each maker. Thanks in advance.. Darren

Default Medal makers rarity

Hey guys I've finally started tagging my medals by makers and was hoping there was a link someone knows of showing the rarity of each maker. Thanks in advance.. Darren

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal makers rarity
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not that I'm aware of. There are just so many awards.

You also need to remember that even across makers, there were often many variations of each award (dies, metal used, rear hardware). So you could have a common maker but in a very rare configuration.

In the 15 or so Awards reference books I have (most focusing on just one award type and often hundreds of pages) they will generally only mention in passing if it is common or rare.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-22-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not quite what you are looking for, but this site (in German) does a countdown from 71 to 1 of the most valuable German Medals.

Wertvollste deutsche militärische Orden 1933 - 1945 - Hitparade der seltensten und wertvollsten Orden

I think it all depended on the type of award.
    Some makers made many awards in one area,Heer,Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine and some less in those areas.
    I collect Hilfskreuzer awards and the rare ones are Meybauer,Mayer and Deumer.
    They are very hard to find,especially the tombak Meybauer and zinc Mayer..To date I have the only zinc Deumer we know of..

But these makers produced other Kriegsmarine awards in more numbers.

Just my observation in a particular field of collecting.

Cheers,Martin.