Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutterkreuz bronze and silver

Article about: I need your toughts about these Mutterkreuz bronze and silver As far as I can see these are good to go but I wanted to ask the more experienced people. I'm more into the HJ and NSDAP items,

Default Mutterkreuz bronze and silver

I need your toughts about these Mutterkreuz bronze and silver

As far as I can see these are good to go but I wanted to ask the more experienced people.
    I'm more into the HJ and NSDAP items, these are pretty new to me.

thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz bronze and silver   Mutterkreuz bronze and silver  

Mutterkreuz bronze and silver   Mutterkreuz bronze and silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz bronze and silver
    P
    Many

They are both genuine examples.

Best regards,
    Franko

Okay, thanks!

I am not able to see the texturing under the blue enamel of the silver. If it is not visible, it would be considered a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not able to see the texturing under the blue enamel of the silver. If it is not visible, it would be considered a fake.
    Ralph.
    Agree. I have been studying these lately. The silver example looks like paint rather than enamel

Silver looks just fine to me, I am almost absolutely sure that it is an original piece, there is nothing wrong with it, I have one very similar silver example with barely visible texture underneath the enamel and this one is just like that and it does not look like painted item.

Best regards,
    Franko

It's pretty simple, if you can not see any texturing beneath the blue enamel, it is a fake.
    Unless he posts more photos, only the original poster will know for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

In this case texturing under the enamel can be seen, but it is really hardly visible and noticeable.

Best regards,
    Franko

These are definitely both good crosses and both have original ribbons.
    I can see the pattern on the lower leg of the silver cross...the enamel is dark but the pattern is what I refer to in my research as the sand pattern.
    It is vaguely discernible on the other arms.

I have a few of these dark enamelled crosses in all grades but as you know Ralph I struggle to get good pictures of mine!!

The research is on hold on the MK at the moment whilst I am looking in to the 1936 RPT badges

Cheers
    Doug

I have a silver cross that is very similar, in that the pattern beneath the enamel can only be seen when the light catches it in a certain way. In fact, the silver example posted in this thread looks virtually identical to my own. This characteristic seems to be far more common in silver crosses for whatever reason, at least in my experience of them.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast